Covid Days can be Tough

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Since the start of the year we've all been sharing our stories and experiences dealing with the different way we're doing things due to the global pandemic.

I like to keep to myself, but I am very interested in my daily conversations with friends online. So I have been doing okay enough. There's actually other offline stress that really REALLY has been a bigger issue for me. Anyway, it's been 6+ months, and we're nearing the end of this terrible 2020. And I feel a bit different about it all now.

Covid is tough, you don't know who around you has it, recovers okay. And you fear for your friends and family. And there's isolation, social disconnect, social distancing, and the attitude of people around you seems to be different. It feels "weird", to say the least.

I notice a lot of people were clinging to attention in the first few months, and now it feels like everybody is even further away than usual. We're all trying to find a new normal I think. And I don't blame anybody for this, just saying that I notice it.

Don't forget, we're a community, it doesn't hurt to be part of something where you feel safe to say how you are, or ask others to just talk about other topics. Or play a game together, etc.

I think it's a time to get together and enjoy some hours of 'i am not alone', versus everybody going in all directions and feeling more estranged eventually. Sometimes a hello to someone can mean the world to them.

Reactions: Nix

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
We are in a 2nd lockdown, although it's not as strict as before so not really much of a lockdown... Although January 2021 I think will be a 3rd lockdown. Personally it doesn't effect me as much as others, as in locking down goes.

Floris

Staff member
We are in a 2nd lockdown, although it's not as strict as before so not really much of a lockdown... Although January 2021 I think will be a 3rd lockdown. Personally it doesn't effect me as much as others, as in locking down goes.
I don't even know what the official term is right now in regards to lockdown here. I am home anyway, it doesn't matter to me if it's quarantined or mandatory or just half a lockdown. I will be just as lonely haha.

Best of luck sorting out the work stuff with George, and how it all works out with Abbie and school.

Just stay safe! Clean when everybody gets home, shower frequently, and be smart about touching faces etc.

JasonZ

OMG Member
Yes it is tough days and it still going on and going on as Europe and America getting 3rd wave now and so many claims about vaccination but still not feeling anyone coming soon and now a days many countries forcing lockdown to contain the virus.

sarfrazali2027

OMG Member
In this crisis or the other, there's one factor that keeps ME alive and vivacious love of God and hope in him. Man may be a pygmy as he has discovered during this crisis. he's dwarfed by his limitations solely God stands tall I trust in him implicitly and understand that he can rescue his rebellious youngsters from disaster could we have a tendency to learn to trust solely in him God bless.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
We are in Tier 4. It's spreading so fast now. I don't know anyone that doesn't know someone with it :(

Hoping obviously to stay healthy in this household. Fingers crossed.

Schools have been delayed in going back. Abbs now goes back on the 18th but she isn't going to like the weekly testing.

Floris

Staff member
With it spreading so fast, I am staying away from contact with others twice as much as well. And I clean more and more in my apartment. Making sure I wash my hands still and didn't quietly get used to skipping it. I also shower more frequently.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I have a friend in isolation which means I can't see her for a while now.
Boris is due to talk on tv at 8pm, people are expecting a lockdown with school closures - online only learning...will have to wait and see.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Yay lockdown! I get lots of time to get caught up on tv, and you know the cleaning!

Floris

Staff member
Aaaand they're extending lockdown.

What tier is the uk in now? 12? :D

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
These lockdowns go so fast, how have I been off nearly a month already, what have I done? Yep that's right, absolutely nothing!

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
These lockdowns go so fast, how have I been off nearly a month already, what have I done? Yep that's right, absolutely nothing!

Yes one day blends into he next and before you know it, it's the end of the week and nothing much has been been done. However, today I have lots i have to do :'(
Dreading Abbs going back to school, those early mornings again will be a killer.

Floris

Staff member
One of the things that truly bother me is that people constantly say one thing, but when they have to do something that they suddenly act like the rules don't apply to them. "but i have to just quickly"

The inability to be considerate of others has been emphasized the last twelve months. It's sad. Why do I try so hard when others try harder to get me sick and to keep this stuff to go on longer. They're contributing to people's mental health problems, suicide, infections, isolation, etc. Just because they say things like "I have rights, my freedom, i just have to quickly get something, I should be allowed to go to the bar, blah blah"

ppl are selfish cunts.