Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

CSS and pixel art

Discussion in 'Design Den' started by Floris, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    I wish I could give you guys a sneak preview of something I have been working on designing. It's a web game on a site only known to a few people. I've been dropping hints on twitter (@Floris) in the last six months, but I am far away from being ready to show anybody anything.

That said, it's been a blast and quite challenging to learn how to better utilize CSS (3 and 4!) with html 5.1 and pushing what I know, and learning a lot lot .. LOT more new things to achieve what I have storyboarded last year (2016).

With the new system I am finally a bit more free with how I develop it. More screen space, and things can run in virtual environments a lot easier.

Anyway, I've been having fun working on it and I have to say it's super easy once you know what you're doing. But I am not there yet. I keep starting over and re-writing. Taking new approaches to character building and adding a 'flow' to the whole game/storyline. But it's a fun hobby to have.

I think there's about 15 to 45 minutes a day, maybe twice a week.. that I spend on it. If only I was a lot lot better with CSS, I probably would have been done by now. But one reason why I am doing this is to have a goal, something to work towards to. And it's a lot of fun learning and getting better at css/html again. I've ignored it for quite some time, depending on what I already know instead of staying up to date.

Maybe one day I will suddenly look for some beta testers, imagine having posted to this thread on OMGboards.com and getting an invite because of it in 2018? :) MMM. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice