Discord for just about everything

BigDave

OMG Member
Anyone a fan of Discord? For those who don't know, simply put, it's a chat client where you can have your own private or public chat server. On it, you can have voice chats, view each others webcams and so much more.

Who here has used Discord? Does OMG Boards have their own Discord? I would recommend checking it out if you never have. It's a very useful tool imo.

Reactions: Nix

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Yep, we have Discord. The recent forum software upgrade has pulled the tab from the navbar, but we will soon have it back.

Anyway, our Discord server is the 1MB / OMG one. It's mainly for Minecraft, but we have #offtopic and #forums in there as well as a few other channels.

Reactions: Nix

CraftKitten21

OMG Member
I stopped using the service due to privacy concerns. This is why I was happy to find this place had a forum! I get the appeal but eh, I prefer being on forums. I know I can use the browser version and be okay for the most part but it is not worth the hassle.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I stopped using the service due to privacy concerns. This is why I was happy to find this place had a forum! I get the appeal but eh, I prefer being on forums. I know I can use the browser version and be okay for the most part but it is not worth the hassle.
A great argument. Privacy online is an issue. Glad to hear you feel comfortable enough on the forum here.

Quite a few on-line communities have no problem with bullying, harassment, hate speech, sexism, and other toxic behavior. We have none of that. We're aiming for family-friendly communities and don't tolerate any sort of abuse. If someone wants to be toxic they can find a community where it's allowed.

Have fun on the site here. You're more than welcome.