Disney Live-Action Remakes

24Cylinders

OMG Member
I recently saw a list online of the upcoming live-action remakes and sequels that Disney will be releasing in the upcoming years. It looks like they're set on covering virtually all of their most popular movies.

So far the only live-action remakes/sequels I've seen have been Alice in Wonderland and Maleficent. I liked Maleficent, but I feel like Disney is running out of ideas.

How many of the live-action remakes have you seen? What's your opinion of them overall?

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I enjoyed Maleficent, Cinderella and The Jungle Book, wasn't so fond of either Alice in Wonderland of Beauty and the Beast. I can't see how they are going to do The Lion King unless it's in the same style as The Jungle Book or they change it to a movie version of the stage show.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Some remakes of stories and movies from the past are done super super good. They are for the current youth and I think that's fine. But loads of movies are just milking the franchise and I hate that .. they're underpar and get sequels, the stories are stretched and 'facts' from the original are bended as if nothing ever happened.. I don't like that side of it.

The Jungle Book from the other year was done really well. I went in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised to be honest.

Monarch

OMG Member
The jungle book was really cool, we loved it. whole family went to see it in a big cinema.