Do people still start personal websites?

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
My dad recently asked me to help him setup a wordpress blog so he could have his own personal website and put some of his art, books, stories and events online. Which kinda shocked me, not because that's pretty cool of him to do, but because I haven't had that question in ages.

Kinad made me wonder.. do people still start personal websites? --- well, besides my dad that is

Or are we all on Instagram and FaceBook and that's it.

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
In the entire time I've been working professionally as a web developer I have never been asked to make someone a personal site - so if they are doing it it's a case of them doing it on tumblr.com or wordpress.com and doing it themselves.

LyteHouse

OMG Member
Yeah I recently made a website for my business so I guess I'm one of those peeps. =/

Reactions: Nix

Floris

Staff member
Yeah I recently made a website for my business so I guess I'm one of those peeps. =/
That is pretty cool. Looking forward to giving it a quick look and see how you've done.

Good to hear some people still make personal sites. Things are so different now these days.

Estaban

OMG Member
I used to write on my own personal site about this and that. Then it turned into more of a techblog, these days I don't post much anymore. Mainly because I'm too busy with my foodblogs (ohmydish.com and ohmydish.nl).

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
@Estaban Looks awesome and now I have inspiration for dinner so thanks :D

Floris

Staff member
I used to write on my own personal site about this and that. Then it turned into more of a techblog, these days I don't post much anymore. Mainly because I'm too busy with my foodblogs (ohmydish.com and ohmydish.nl).
If only you lived nearby and I could just pay some money to come pick up a freshly cooked meal every weekend.
Gosh.

Estaban

OMG Member
If only you lived nearby and I could just pay some money to come pick up a freshly cooked meal every weekend.
Gosh.
We usually give food away because we (have to) make so much! We used to do meal services too :)

Floris

Staff member
We usually give food away because we (have to) make so much! We used to do meal services too :)
But i bet you guys wont deliver to purmerend :p
But that is so cool though. Thumbsup