Do you wear a mask?

Jisan

OMG Member
Yes.

In numerous spots in the world, as a result of the pandemic, if you go to a busy spot, 16 out of 20 people will be wearing a mask. There are 2 purposes behind wearing a mask: to shield yourself and to shield yourself from spreading germs.

The request to you is, do you wear a mask?
Given that this is valid, why? If not, what is your clarification behind not wearing a mask?

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Yes I do. I hate it but I hate Covid more! I have to protect people and myself. I'm classed as vulnerable person so I'd be stupid not to. I hate it when people don't because they can't be bothered, or they wear it totally wrong, etc.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I've got to the point where wearing it doesn't bother me at all now. I have some masks that I can't wear for long, but others that I wear all day at work fine.

sarfrazali2027

OMG Member
Only when completely necessary...which it's been for a couple of years, now...soon those dangerous times are over.

JasonZ

OMG Member
As we successfully eliminate covid virus from community in New Zealand we hardly wear but because we still have cases in manage isolation so it is mandatory to wear mask in Public transport and CBD and I wear sometime but it is not useful as it can't protect against virus but good for spreading it.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Fucking idiots outside dont wear masks, they don't keep their distance and they dont care about others.

And because of those losers, we're in lockdown again.

roflthings

OMG Member
The second wave has taken a toll on people and hence it is quite evident that people are scared and are now wearing masks. I wear a double mask when I go out. Some people wear the mask with their nose exposed. I don't know if they are living under a stone, not watching news and latest happenings around them. It doesn't make any sense in blaming the government for increase in covid cases. Unless the public realize and break the chain, it would be a long and arduous task to eliminate this virus as it keeps going around, mutating and gaining strength against humans.

Reactions: Nix

PostFun2021

OMG Member
Yes, I always make it a point not to step out of the house without wearing a mask. It has become part and parcel of my outfit. Unfortunately you do find a few still taking it easy and it is just because of them that I feel it has become difficult to control the pandemic. Simplest of solution to the pandemic is to compulsorily wear your mask properly and to keep social distancing.

Reactions: Nix

CraftKitten21

OMG Member
I have issues with anxiety (shallow breathing triggers panic attacks for me) so wearing a mask has been difficult. Rather than complain, I just avoided going anywhere. It sucked but I got over it. I am glad they are finally getting rid of them (at least where I am) so I can feel a little bit better going to stores and other public places. It really sucks having anxiety man.

Mustapha145

OMG Member
I do wear it it's obvious, the only problem is that I recently had this problem related to breathing, I can barely breathe when the mask is on, so most of the time I don't go to places where I have to wear it. & if I had to, I keep pushing it under my nose. lol

Floris

Staff member
The second wave has taken a toll on people and hence it is quite evident that people are scared and are now wearing masks. I wear a double mask when I go out. Some people wear the mask with their nose exposed. I don't know if they are living under a stone, not watching news and latest happenings around them. It doesn't make any sense in blaming the government for increase in covid cases. Unless the public realize and break the chain, it would be a long and arduous task to eliminate this virus as it keeps going around, mutating and gaining strength against humans.
Talking about waves, I am pretty sure that with these protests, and people enjoying the weather now that it's almost summer, and all these events starting up again, that we will have another wave / spike this fall and will enjoy another lockdown. Despite vaccine.

Yes, I always make it a point not to step out of the house without wearing a mask. It has become part and parcel of my outfit. Unfortunately you do find a few still taking it easy and it is just because of them that I feel it has become difficult to control the pandemic. Simplest of solution to the pandemic is to compulsorily wear your mask properly and to keep social distancing.
I don't mind wearing one. I am not paranoid about it, there's enough times when hardly anybody is outside; i really dont' see the point then. But inside any shop or with people - why not. If it turns out I am sick I at least tried my best to not spread it when I wasn't aware. And if it even helps 1% to prevent me from ending up in a hospital; I am perfectly fine with wearing it for that 1% protection.

Yes because precaution is better than cure.
Indeed.

I have issues with anxiety (shallow breathing triggers panic attacks for me) so wearing a mask has been difficult. Rather than complain, I just avoided going anywhere. It sucked but I got over it. I am glad they are finally getting rid of them (at least where I am) so I can feel a little bit better going to stores and other public places. It really sucks having anxiety man.
This must not make things easier. Oof, sorry to hear. I was worried about this for myself, but after wearing it on a bike and things like that I realised it (for me) wasn't an issue. My only anxiety issue is with my bad eyes and fogging up glasses. I haven't found anything that helps that doesn't give me anxiety. Local stores I don't even wear my glasses.

I do wear it it's obvious, the only problem is that I recently had this problem related to breathing, I can barely breathe when the mask is on, so most of the time I don't go to places where I have to wear it. & if I had to, I keep pushing it under my nose. lol
That sucks, I guess it's different for everybody. I haven't had any issues breathing. Despite that I am kind of prone to it. Best of luck.

BigDave

OMG Member
Yes I do. I got my first shot a while ago, and will be getting my last shot soon. I will then not have to wear a mask again. Though, I am kind of interested in still wearing one, mainly because some of them can look fun and cool. And I think it adds to a look sometimes. Plus, who wants to get the flu or other nasty viruses and stuff?

Floris

Staff member
I had to travel by train yesterday and the mandatory mask wearing is nice, to be honest. I just wish I felt more comfortable moving in the train. Having to hold your balance means touching things. I was so aware of it all, it was uncomfortable. I defn. made an effort not to touch my face or even my mask. And when I arrived where I needed to be I cleaned my hands, and when I got home I washed even more. But the realisation of how much I touch surfaces and then myself and my glasses, mask, phone, wallet, etc. It's scary how quickly things spread.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Although it's not law now there are many places still insisting on masks and I think people, although don't want to be in lockdown, are not ready to take the gamble yet.

Floris

Staff member
Although it's not law now there are many places still insisting on masks and I think people, although don't want to be in lockdown, are not ready to take the gamble yet.
Fair point!