Do You Zendoodle?

MyLordsLady

OMG Member
I have recently gotten into Zendoodle (also called Zentangle). I am attaching a picture of the first Zendoodle I drew. My friend suggested I do it as a way to distress and relax, and I'm hooked! My Zendoodles are pretty basic, but I have seen some that are incredibly intricate and beautiful. Anyone here Zendoodle?

Attachments

• 20170329_230207.jpg
    20170329_230207.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: Nix

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
this seems pretty cool, I am looking forward to reading up on this and maybe give it a try.

HoorahForMe

OMG Member
I've never heard of Zendoodle but it sure looks like more of a Zentangle! You must be pretty artistic to be so good at it, MyLordsLady. Where did you find out about this? I would attempt to do it but I'm all thumbs. Do you need a great deal of manual dexterity in order to perform this?

Shimmer

OMG Member
I've heard that this can be very relaxing for some people, but I don't think it would work for me. Artistic projects tend to stress me out more than anything else. Your doodle is very impressive, MyLordsLady!

MyLordsLady

OMG Member
Thanks all! There are so many sites that explain step-by-step how to make the different patterns. If you go on Pintrest and type in zendoodle or zentangle, hundreds of tutorials come up. It's not hard, and I forgive myself if it's not perfect. It is meant to relax me, and it truly does!

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I got a few things that seem interesting, if the weather is nice and not windy, ill go enjoy some #zen time on the balcony :)

Conan

OMG Member
This sounds like something that I would enjoy. I think it's super fun and extremely relaxing to draw like that. I definitely want to find out more about this.