Earth Day

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
It's Earth Day today, and I need more ideas for reducing my carbon foot print, and how to encourage others to.

I have a local group on Facebook about it, and although I've only had it a few weeks it's still mostly me posting, so I am concerned that I might lose my steam if people don't also give ideas etc. However I also don't want people to just post rich people ideas, so I need normal people ideas!

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I've donated to #teamtrees just now, and I've made plans to figure out how to safely remove the extra growth on the big plant and see if i can double it. I've never had this many plants in my house.

That said, all the trash here goes to a container, but we can split things up soon. I already am able to pre-register for the program to get a pass early and make a start.

Paper and stuff we do separate thankfully. And there is a glass container at the grocery store so i take that with me once a month.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I definitely want to get more plants, thinking about getting a cactus, and trying to grow some more herbs.
I do wish I had a compost bin, all my food waste has to go into the rubbish bin

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
The vertical cover on the balcony is installed! This means I can now put some plants outside for a few hours and take them inside in the evening. (Wind or birds will ruin them)

Hopefully this isn't a bad idea. But they will be in semi shadow, the wind will move the leafs which will strengthen the stems, and they will enjoy it more than being inside hiding behind curtains.

Reactions: Nix