• Connect today Guest, Join our never resetting minecraft 1.20.4 survival server, where we explore, mine, build, and survive together. We are a family-friendly community, and open to all over the age of 13. Bring friends and make new ones!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market, Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more. We can't wait to have you join us!

February : Valentines Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
[edit] This event is now over.

On Friday evening (EU time) the Valentines Weekend 2017 event starts. Extra hugs for everybody!

Stay tuned, make sure you play, and bring a friend to play with.

Make sure you have 'Particles: all' turned on in your Minecraft client under Video Settings.

During Valentines Weekend there will be more mcMMO double and triple XP moments, more /achievements rewards, extra 1MB Loot boxes, and there will be .. no, I've said too much!

See you this weekend!

Floris

Staff member
Friday!

The event has gone live, enjoy this weekend on 1moreblock, as well as hopefully getting hugs from someone you like.

In-game, upon join, you will be surrounded by hearts to let you know we care about you.

Play in our world feeling happy and warm, but, if it's a bit too much for you, just type: /valentine to toggle it off.

To see the heart particles, make sure you have your client particles set to all for the best effect.

To toggle the hearts back on again, just type: /valentine

Floris

Staff member
Saturday!

In the Netherlands, the weekend has started, and that means it's time to turn on Double XP. Check the mcmMO XP events threads for details.

On top of that, Cupid will visit us, flying around the worlds looking for online players. Then shoots an arrow at you to place the unique 1MB lootbox. A message will appear on your screen that a 1MB lootbox has been dropped nearby.

The lootbox doesn't just have awesome phat lewt in it, it's unique too! Check the titles of the items for a smile.

Floris

Staff member
Saturday night!

Cupid has arrived in town, and is shooting arrows left and right. The first batch of loot boxes have been delivered by cupid himself. It's totally not me. Anyway, all the regular players who login today can get their Valentines Loot box.

Cupid has special arrows and tonight he will go around town and shoot all the angry mobs with a little bit of love. More about that tomorrow. And on Sunday when he's not sleeping in, players that joined the game this week and are still playing will get their loot box delivered if they play online.

Cupid has done one more thing, and that's turn on triple XP for a short period of time. So grab your partner and grind some xp levels to increase your overall power level.

So stay tuned! The weekend's not over yet.

Floris

Staff member
Sunday!

It's Sunday and Cupid is ready for the second batch of loot boxes. Have you played in the last week and yet to receive a unique Valentine lootbox, then today is the day (and the last day) to get online and get one from Cupid. Just ask for it :)

Also, Cupid has finished shooting special arrows at the angry mobs and they're enchanted for a while. They are suddenly super friendly. In return, Cupid promised to not burn them in the daytime.

See a creeper? Give it a Valentine hug. It won't explode, it won't chase you.
Spot a skeleton? Tell the little guy Happy Valentine, and it won't follow you around, nor shoot at you. And daytime won't burn it. The same for Zombies.
Anyway, all the angry mobs are friendly today, because, it's Valentines Weekend!

If a mob still attacks you, just let Cupid know and I am sure with a few extra arrows of love he can fix that.

Floris

Staff member
Monday, pout.

The Valentines Weekend event is now over.

Cupid has left town again, took the magical particles with him. The 1MB Loot boxes have been given out to all the players that were online this weekend (and played in the last week).

The special arrows we hit the Angry mobs with have worn out almost. They are angry again, burn during daytime, and explode. So be careful. However, game difficulty has been set to easy, normally it's on 2 (normal).

The extra Triple XP moments have been reset to 0. Sorry, but I hope everybody had a lot of extra fun playing and grinding levels in a /party.

Valentines Event rewards will be reviewed today and perhaps paid out today or tomorrow. Same for the mcMMO triple XP rewards.

The hearts that float around you are gone too now. Everything's back to normal again. I had a lot of fun this weekend with all of you online. I hope it was mutual.

Thanks to all who participated in this event!

Floris

Staff member
Rewards:

Most Active Valentines' Event participant: teh_red_fox
Most Valentines' Hours played with a friend: hilaireofastora
Most mcMMO Valentine's XP levels achieved: Alexiswantsyou
Most Valentines' Achievements unlocked: globug100

Rewards unlocked:
- Eligible for a world protection region.
(if you already have one, you can claim request another region, or resize an existing one)
- $5000 in-game currency into your /money
- Eligible for an early look invite in March to an unreleased "world" event.
- Participation token in the form of your own player-head.

Status
Not open for further replies.