[Feedback] Delay Loading Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Fritz

OMG Member
Whenever I open the site in my browser, there is a delay of about 5 or more seconds before your logo loads and I can access the site. At first I thought it was because of the Christmas logo but it still is happening.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Thank you for reporting this to us. Which OS/browser + versions are you using so I can try to reproduce?

This is the logo, and it's hosted locally.
http://xenfans.com/styles/default/xenforo/logo.png

You sure it's not the grass/house image at the footer that's causing the delay for you?

Rob Fritz

OMG Member
Thank you for reporting this to us. Which OS/browser + versions are you using so I can try to reproduce?

This is the logo, and it's hosted locally.
http://xenfans.com/styles/default/xenforo/logo.png

You sure it's not the grass/house image at the footer that's causing the delay for you?

It may be. Using Chrome, Win7. When using Firefox, it loads up right away but I do not see the house. Just see the light blue background.

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
Out of curiosity what resolution do you use?

Rob Fritz

OMG Member
Out of curiosity what resolution do you use?

1440x900

After the initial login this morning, Chrome is loading the site quickly. The full background image doesn't show on my Firefox though.

Floris

Staff member
Which version of FireFox do you have? It shows here on 3.6 and 4.0

SteveL

OMG Member
Robbie is it possible to take a screenshot via Firefox screengrabit or something similar to show here exactly what you are seeing? Im a big believer in seeing is easier to figure it out from.

Rob Fritz

OMG Member
Just paid attention to what was loading during the Chrome delay. Says 'waiting for gravatar.com'.

FF 3.6.13. Today the entire background loaded fine in FF including the house.

Floris

Staff member
Then I guess perhaps your image or someone's image is using gravatar and checking for an updated cached version or something.

Rob Fritz

OMG Member
There is still a delay associated with this site. It has nothing to do with logging in as I do not log in automatically. There are various images that do not load right away and it freezes the cursor, hard drive light on an almost steady beat and for about 5-8 seconds, the PC is lifeless until all of a sudden, the balance of images load and all is well. This seems to happen regardless of browser.

Just find it curious that it is only this xf site.

Floris

Staff member
Wow, but .. that sounds like it's on your end, and not because of what we're offering here. It's just HTML5/CSS3/JS and some images. The biggest being the background image, which should be loaded once, and cached since. The pages load instant on my dads 2004 dell computer with windows xp.

You can put the background image into adblockplus, preventing it from loading each time. Perhaps?

Rob Fritz

OMG Member
I will try it from work and see if a different PC/ISP makes any difference. Will be back :D

Lucifer_imported

OMG Member
I do not experience this myself, maybe it's the custom font?
heh mods, if there are people with this problem, perhaps offer an old fashioned style?

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
I do not experience this myself, maybe it's the custom font?
heh mods, if there are people with this problem, perhaps offer an old fashioned style?

I've been thinking too it's the Custom Font :)
Well, we'll see if more people experience this :D

Floris

Staff member
A "default" XenForo 1.0.4 theme has been created - mind you it won't have the fancy css3 stuff that our default one uses. Hopefully this should resolve those problems.

Please note that certain customizations that we might have in our xenfans-theme might be available, possibly missing some unique features, or mis-displaying them.

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
A "default" XenForo 1.0.4 theme has been created - mind you it won't have the fancy css3 stuff that our default one uses. Hopefully this should resolve those problems.

Please note that certain customizations that we might have in our xenfans-theme might be available, possibly missing some unique features, or mis-displaying them.

Thank you Floris :)
I'll be using that from now on ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.