Feedback Wanted: Username Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello XenFans. I'm just messing with XenForo and I'm porting my Username Request modification. Right now, I have no concrete code to actually have this working, but here's the planned set up for URLs:

Front End
  • /username
Admin Control Panel
  • /username/ - Maybe, and just include a few statistics
  • /username/requests
  • /username/logs

Currently, this is shaping up to be highly versatile, with a large amount of configuration options. They can be seen below. Do you see more options you'd like? Screen shot 2010-10-07 at 4.38.40 PM.png

It is also configured by user group permissions:
  1. Request Username Change
  2. Maximum number of username changes (currently, this is in the history of being installed, but can theoretically be reset via a simple query)
  3. Minimum number of posts to request a change (default is 0, unlimited acts as 0)
  4. Time Limit between Change Requests (Time between requests. 0 and unlimited are no limit)

So, the process of requesting the username:
  1. User requests change within user control panel.
  2. Administrator is notified via options chosen by the administrator (listed above)
  3. Administrator can see list of all actions.
  4. Administrator may reject or accept change.
  5. If accepted...
    • System automatically updates the username.
    • System ups the change counter.
    • User is notified via selected options.
    • Change is published to news feed, if and only if that option is selected.
  6. If rejected...
    • System does nothing.
    • User is notified, and must request a new change if required.
Now, this workflow can be changed and modified if need be, but its the way it worked over at vBulletin. And, if I can, I'm going to try to plug into the moderation header if the administrator can edit users and display running counts their.

And as always, suggestions welcome. :)

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Pfff, seems like quite a plugin! Looks great so far and I have no real comments besides having the option to just have it show in the reported content section, but listed as username request.

Pfff, seems like quite a plugin! Looks great so far and I have no real comments besides having the option to just have it show in the reported content section, but listed as username request.
That's actually a REALLY good idea. :) I forgot about that. I might save that one for a v1.1 or something, and just get the back end stuff done.

Status
Not open for further replies.