Games Consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormraven

Trusted Member
What sort of game consoles do you have and what's your favourite game?

I'm a PS3 man myself. I've got two of them lol, but my favourite game at the moment is Black Ops :) I love me a good FPS :)

I bought my second PS3 2 days ago, and that came with Fifa 12, which I exchanged for a game on Friday called Rage, so I'm looking forward to playing that.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii lol

I'm a sad girly and love my Wii fit and Animal Crossing and my daughter hogs the wii :) It's great for kids.

Stormraven

Trusted Member
My brother has a Wii, i remember playing wii golf with him. My friend Rhian asked me the other day if I wanted to buy her wii because she's moving, but I decided to play against it because my flat's not big enough to go throwing my arms about with the wii controller haha.

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii lol

I'm a sad girly and love my Wii fit and Animal Crossing and my daughter hogs the wii :) It's great for kids.

The only fun thing about the Wii is bowling :D
Which is actually pretty easy once you get to know it :P

I got one around here, don't ask me where it is though xD

CurveGotti

OMG Member
I had a PS3 and Xbox 360 for quite some time, now I am down to just the 360.

Black Ops is pretty much all I play anymore as I don't really have a lot of time to play to begin with. I am waiting for MW3 now though :D

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member

Black Ops is pretty much all I play anymore as I don't really have a lot of time to play to begin with. I am waiting for MW3 now though :D
Why no BattleField 3? :O

CurveGotti

OMG Member
Why no BattleField 3? :O

lol good question ... mostly because all the builds I've played thus far remind me of Battlefield 2 (- 0.5). I'll wait for the actual product before passing final judgement, but at this point in time I have better things to spend money on. If I were going to get it, I'd probably get that for the computer rather than a console.

Stormraven

Trusted Member

Black Ops is awesome :D Can't wait for MW3 to come out :D I got rage the other day :)

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Oh, srsly? A Buggy Beta? :p
Yeah, but this feels alpha.

There are gaps in maps, not just the public one, but the other maps as well. There are a few simple things that require little time to fix, but the rest is almost a show stopper, and creates unfair gameplay, such as crawling under the floor, etc.

CurveGotti

OMG Member
Oh, srsly? A Buggy Beta? :p
Yeah, but this feels alpha.

There are gaps in maps, not just the public one, but the other maps as well. There are a few simple things that require little time to fix, but the rest is almost a show stopper, and creates unfair gameplay, such as crawling under the floor, etc.

As Floris said there is a horrible overall feel, everything he stated plays a factor, but there is so much more. The audio quality is horrible and I have Turtle Beach x41's that should at least do even the worst sound some justice. The sound is constantly cutting in and out and things don't seem to even come from the right direction at times. The video quality is just as poor, the graphics while comparable to that of BattleField 2, constantly dim and then lighten back up, and the lazer / flash light attachments are inconsistent and buggy at best. You can be in the clear day and quite a distance away from someone using the flash light attachment and still be blinded. While I'm not necessarily a "realistic game play" extremist, I think these things should have been better addressed. There are so many more things that I can't even begin to list them all. I hope that they did a better job with the vehicle aspects at least or I will consider just waiting for their next release to come out.

Stormraven

Trusted Member

I bought Rage and borderland the other day :)

Nerdface

OMG Member
I had two Xbox 360 consoles with around 150 games.. One PAL, one NTSC.

My NTSC console hit the dreaded RRoD earlier in the year, and after some difficult times of late, I decided to sell my PAL console and the vast majority of my games a few weeks ago.

I've invested the money well though, and have purchased an engagement ring to propose to my partner of 3+ years. :)

Stormraven

Trusted Member
I had two Xbox 360 consoles with around 150 games.. One PAL, one NTSC.

My NTSC console hit the dreaded RRoD earlier in the year, and after some difficult times of late, I decided to sell my PAL console and the vast majority of my games a few weeks ago.

I've invested the money well though, and have purchased an engagement ring to propose to my partner of 3+ years. :)

Congrats mate :) mine had the RROD too, so I decided to get a PS3 instead and have never looked back :)

Beverly Johnson

OMG Member
None as my pc's can do all that and so much more :)
I have pc too, love MMO and pc games though i WILL be buying a console soon. :D

What are your favorite PC games? And, this is a question i always ask of anyone that compares PC to console, do you really think the PC games are comparable to console? If so, which ones?

Stormraven

Trusted Member
I have a lot of games in Steam, but my favorite games is First Person Shooters! Lately I have not playing any game! (XenForo addicted)

You should give the Broken Sword series a try :p It's not a FPS, but it's still one of the best games I've ever played.

Stormraven

Trusted Member
It's paid. It should be pretty cheap though as it's quite an old game. I bought it on the iPad and it was only £4.99 or something like that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.