Gaming PC build for under $500

Susan06

OMG Member
What kind of gaming pc setup can i expect to build with a budget of just about $520. I mean its not that much but i need it for cheaply running some games occasionally and mostly for video editing and photo editor. Is is even possible with such a low budget..?

sarfrazali2027

OMG Member
Any pre-built computer underneath $500 is crap at running games. Building your own computer isn't as onerous as you think that if you only follow directions. you are simply essentially shopping for and collecting elements. There a lot of how to videos concerning it on youtube that really walk you thru the whole method of building your own computer.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Yes and no.

You can get a good i5 cpu with 16gb ram and modern motherboard. A case is cheap, and a bit of cooling and you're $350 to $500. What you are missing is the GPU. This is what will kill it for gaming though. You need to figure out what type of games you want to play "at most", and that's together with the budget the limit. A nice 1080 or 2080ti will do just fine for a lot of games. Integrated graphics: skip it.. What comes with the i5 is fine until you can get your hands on a nice gpu deal. But it will drive it over 500