Good site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingenious

OMG Member
Hello - I've been on the official xF site for a while now. I'm waiting for it to come out of beta, then purchase, then expect to utilise your services to convert my vB forum over for me. I thought I'd register early here as I'm liking the vibe and also the style of this site, it seems like a nice community.

My site is 3.8.4 with 146,000 posts and 1000 members so nothing too huge (SSH backup of database is 110mb). BUT attachments are stored in the filesystem and it has vBSEO so I'd need redirects done too so it all carries over without page not found errors. I figure it would be less stressful to pay someone else to tackle this :)

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Hey Ingenious, welcome to the site and it's nice to have you here. I am glad to hear you like XenForo as a product and to consider moving away from your current board software to it. We're looking forward hearing more from you - and appreciate it that you are considering utilizing our services. We are here to try and learn and help. We all want fun boards, and run them well. A shared universe of XenForo will help us get there hopefully.

Before you convert over the vB, I do recommend (though attachments in fs IS supported) to just move them from fs to the database, it makes transferring dumps and importing etc, .. so much easier. It's a one time, last time thing anyway :)

Ingenious

OMG Member
Thanks Floris. BTW I installed Google Chrome just to see this so called "house" in your theme - and there it is - looks great!!

Floris

Staff member
Thanks Floris. BTW I installed Google Chrome just to see this so called "house" in your theme - and there it is - looks great!!

Yeah, I still haven't had time today to kinda 'fix' the background stretch for those browsers that just won't learn. :)

Floris

Staff member
Yeah, I still haven't had time today to kinda 'fix' the background stretch for those browsers that just won't learn. :)

I've had the time, and it should show fine in all the browsers, except very old ones - and of course - internet exploder.

Floris

Staff member
Yes - looking good in Firefox now. It's a really warm, friendly design.
Thank you for testing, appreciate it. I've got a bunch of tiny tweaks ready - and template optimizations - for beta 3. Kinda hoping this gets released during November.

Status
Not open for further replies.