Guess that is some sort of praise for Xen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro

OMG Member
One of my fellow Admins has finally checked out our Xen site, it's not live yet, and after some time checking out the software could tell us ..... "All rather slick over there." He's not noted for getting carried away with praise.

Spartan

OMG Member
That's more than I've got.

I asked a guy to check out ours, he's not staff as such, he's a beta tester.

Anyway he came back with 'I can't stand the colours, apart from that it's not too bad' so I asked him which style he didn't like or if it was all of them he then said 'it was the default, I didn't notice the changer, blue is nice'

Mind you they are gamers, they aren't very forthcoming with feedback and suggestions - Unless something goes wrong, which of course is a frequent event in vBulletin 4, and then I can't keep up with their complaining.

The message count isn't big enough to give you a brief overview of the hell I got when I altered some stuff and accidentally forgot to turn the blogs on again... And they're not even really used.

The joys of being an admin :D

Jethro

OMG Member
Oh yes, wait till they discover no arcade around our place .... we're thinking of dumping our member table to avoid those who hit the site just to play the games from starting a barrage of abuse and whinging ....

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
It is always tough to realize what others think about your site, but you have to think things through and take the future of the site into consideration. There will be those who will like it, just because it's shiny, not because it's new user interface improvements. While others thing it's too bright, not realizing a style change could fix that.

If you believe XenForo is right for your site, trust that instinct.

Hagai

OMG Member
I've gained 4 potential future xF owners.
As I said earlier I know few people in the Forum owners community and I've showed them and tolled them all about XenForo, and they are excited!

XenForo is the best BB that I've ever saw.

Floris

Staff member
That's very cool to hear! Glad you found some people. Don't forget to also point them to our site :)

Jethro

OMG Member
I've gained 4 potential future xF owners.
As I said earlier I know few people in the Forum owners community and I've showed them and tolled them all about XenForo, and they are excited!

XenForo is the best BB that I've ever saw.

We're trying to entice some of our customer base toward Xen. Major sticking points seem to be no gallery, none of our skins have been converted, and no final release. Thus far have one of the leading Down Under forum runners switching all his sites to Xen, and a couple of others have brought licences. Early days and we're not overly pushing till final release.

Hagai

OMG Member
We're trying to entice some of our customer base toward Xen. Major sticking points seem to be no gallery, none of our skins have been converted, and no final release. Thus far have one of the leading Down Under forum runners switching all his sites to Xen, and a couple of others have brought licences. Early days and we're not overly pushing till final release.
It's all well-known.
The first version of the system is only Beta 1.
no one can expect that many forum owners will leave there site and move there database and all things to xenForo.
There is no enough mods.
now one knows how to convert it(from the normal users, not programmers and stuff)

Floris

Staff member
Most of the people I've helped install IPB or vBulletin in the past are moving, saying that the fresh layout/design is a great moment to finally convert to a new modern style. And that it's the time to make a fresh start with their custom style as well. Giving their site a fresh new look, some already moved and got some custom styles going and their members love it.

Simone_imported

OMG Member
That is one of the main reasons why I purchased a license with xenForo.

It's just a matter of time before more mods become available and I'm sure that there will be many great new ideas from the community.

Although xenforo seems basic right now it will grow and become one of the best forum / community software on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.