Have you ever bought something from those sites selling cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
[edit by Floris: As Vincent has learned by buying a fake ps3 controller, before you use this site - think twice.]

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if you guys ever have bought something from iBOOD.com or if you've been following it?

If you don't know what iBOOD.com is, it is actually a site that sells one product a day at the lowest internet price :)

I've been following it for quite a time now, and there are some nice offers there. I bought myself one of these: http://uk-en.forum.ibood.com/5985-western_digital_25_inch_1tb_portable_hard_drive_with_usb_30/

Now, iBOOD is only available in a few countries :s
  • The Netherlands (Floris' country :D)
  • Belgium (My country)
  • UK (Nix and Mikey's country)
Just check the site out :D
I'm sorry if I'm giving ya good hope and if your country is not in the list ^^

Steven Moore

OMG Member
Never heard of it, but the US has a similar site called Woot which can be found http://www.woot.com

Great site, deal of the day and every other month they have a woot off where they sell out one item and immediately put another item up for sale, this sale lasts from 24 to 48 hours.

Steven Moore

OMG Member
Nice so iBOOD was created as a means to allow other countries the same benefit as a woot off.

Steven Moore

OMG Member
I'm going to use QuiBids.com and see if I can win a bid on a Macbook Pro, on this site you can get brand new items for 95% less than market.

iTuN3R

OMG Member
Going to check them out :P I don't see anything interesting about outdoor sports like fishing :(

KW802_imported

OMG Member
I'm going to use QuiBids.com and see if I can win a bid on a Macbook Pro, on this site you can get brand new items for 95% less than market.
I hope you read the fine print first. Sites like that are considered entertainment sites and not really classifieds since you are paying (in one fashion or another) per bid whether you win or lose.

Steven Moore

OMG Member
Yeah I know, I already read through the site, even if I buy the bids and use them all up I have to buy more so I gotta be smart when bidding.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Never heard of iBOOD until now lol

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
Never heard of iBOOD until now lol

I've heard from it because people were saying "iBOOD Sucks, I had to wait 30 days for my delivery blablabla".
As for now, I've ordered 5 things and they all are here now already :)

xven

OMG Member
I've bought several things on ibood.
Sometimes they are slow, sometimes they are ok.
But, if your product needs to be repaired you are in big trouble.
You will need to send it back to ibood and can only contact them using their website.
My LG Surround got broken after 2 weeks. After using their website to contact ibood they received the surround about 2 weeks later.

This was 3,5 months ago, and I still have no idea when I will get the surround system back?

I've tried to contact them (using the website) several times to ask them how long it will take.
If they reply they only reply with standard text.

So:
NEVER BUY AT IBOOD UNLESS YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT AFTER SALES SERVICE
AFTER SALE SERVICE AT IBOOD SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
I've bought several things on ibood.
Sometimes they are slow, sometimes they are ok.
But, if your product needs to be repaired you are in big trouble.
You will need to send it back to ibood and can only contact them using their website.
My LG Surround got broken after 2 weeks. After using their website to contact ibood they received the surround about 2 weeks later.

This was 3,5 months ago, and I still have no idea when I will get the surround system back?

I've tried to contact them (using the website) several times to ask them how long it will take.
If they reply they only reply with standard text.

So:
NEVER BUY AT IBOOD UNLESS YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT AFTER SALES SERVICE
AFTER SALE SERVICE AT IBOOD SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I found that too :P
Bought a PS3 controller. Now Sony says it's a fake PS3 Sony controller.

Well, they are not allowed to sell fake stuff, so they'll give me a real one or I'm gonna report them :)

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
This is why I never post about these sites, it gives them the publicity they need to get more customers.
And this is why I never buy from these sites, because these unknown sites usually are just scammers exploiting people that just can't believe it's that cheap (like ebay which I also don't use).

Upset people will say they will report it. They rarely get their money back. These guys experience upset customers daily. And they know the rules that you don't. So you can report them, but surely you're not the first. And this site is still there. Because it's so cheap sometimes a lot of people accept their loss and learn their lesson.

I've removed the domain from the title. Because a site that sell fake products without mentioning this, is not a company I can respect. I think it's not suitable for xenfans to have a team member promote a site that scams people, closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.