Health Issues

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
OK so I've been recently diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in my ankle :'(
Just to add to my other list of ailments physical and mental! :uhh:

Do you find health issues interrupt daily life?
Have you found a way to manage without people knowing you're struggling?
Do others understand your issues and help you out, or accommodate your issues?
Do you feel like you're collecting health problems? I do :D

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Yes.

ave you found a way to manage without people knowing you're struggling?
Nope.

They say they do, they think they do, they try to, and they try to accommodate, but .. they don't see what you experience, think or feel. So, ..

Do you feel like you're collecting health problems?
Yes, once I turned 30+ haha

ChattingWithYou

OMG Member
Hi Nix,
I am sure you will manage your osteoarthritis in your ankle very well with timely intervention with medications and lifestyle changes. I think what you need most are words of encouragement and not sympathy.

I get this migraine headaches which sometimes last for two days in a row. I have been experiencing these over the past one year. I try to avoid medications and make use of home remedies but sometimes due to the severity I resort to swallowing pills.

Others can understand that we have an ailment but they cannot feel what exactly what we are going through .......as Floris mentioned......so it really doesn't make a difference whether we tell them or not.

Reactions: Nix

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Yeah, I'm able to self manage everything at the moment, but I do let the doctors know when something has gone on for longer, mostly so that it's recorded.
I know that lifestyle changes are, for now the best thing for me. How long I can do that before doctor intervention I don't know.

Floris

Staff member
I am sure you will manage your osteoarthritis in your ankle very well with timely intervention with medications and lifestyle changes. I think what you need most are words of encouragement and not sympathy.
Those are some nice words, you're right, encouragement and understanding can really go a long way.

I get this migraine headaches which sometimes last for two days in a row.
I unfortn. can relate to this, I am sorry you also have to deal with this. Do you feel super motivated sometimes when you wake up and feel normal but know you might get a headache and just want to start the day doing 500 things at once?

I'm able to self manage everything at the moment
This is the stage I am in, and maybe it is wrong. But there's a mental health element to it when I take the step to spend the next six months or so with therapists and doctors ~ that makes me just take it easy offline and without them. That said, I know I am working towards it. I am doing the best I can while trying to be careful.

ChattingWithYou

OMG Member
I unfortn. can relate to this, I am sorry you also have to deal with this. Do you feel super motivated sometimes when you wake up and feel normal but know you might get a headache and just want to start the day doing 500 things at once?
Oh yes!!! That's exactly how I feel :) I feel like I have few more pairs of hands and try doing so many things....multitasking......my mind racing against time to complete too many things in a short time. Don't know if that again triggers my migraines.....who cares...as long as I finish whatever I plan. It is a nice feeling when someone can relate to what we are going through :heart_eyes:

Floris

Staff member
Oh yes!!! That's exactly how I feel :) I feel like I have few more pairs of hands and try doing so many things....multitasking......my mind racing against time to complete too many things in a short time. Don't know if that again triggers my migraines.....who cares...as long as I finish whatever I plan. It is a nice feeling when someone can relate to what we are going through :heart_eyes:
Good to hear it's not just me. I have been rather productive this morning, including posting on the site here haha.

But it's time to calm down, have some food, organize my todo lists and figure out what's important to work on today.

ChattingWithYou

OMG Member
Those are some nice words, you're right, encouragement and understanding can really go a long way.
Thank you Floris. Very kind of you to say so. I have been in such situation and the last thing I want is people pitying us. I simply can't stand it because I kind of feel weakened by their sympathy.

BigDave

OMG Member
I have had some severe issues with asthma in the past, but for the most part I have been doing good as of late. When I do have issues, it can be rough. I've had my fair share of asthma attacks over the years. It's not fun.

Floris

Staff member
I have had some severe issues with asthma in the past, but for the most part I have been doing good as of late. When I do have issues, it can be rough. I've had my fair share of asthma attacks over the years. It's not fun.
this is probably a stupid question, but has covid quarantine and lockdown caused enough improvements in air quality that has helped you? Or is the impact of us staying home too small on the big scale that for people with asthma it perhaps doesn't have an impact

CraftKitten21

OMG Member
Have you found a way to manage without people knowing you're struggling?
Do you feel like you're collecting health problems?
Yeah, I have issues with my back, hip, and neck. I am in pain most days. I also have anxiety with pretty bad panic attacks. Add to this, I have some vitamin deficiencies I need to sort out from an unhealthy lifestyle (sitting too much and eating junk). Some days I feel great, most days I feel meh, and other days I just feel terrible. I recently had a bout of neck pains that caused severe migraines. I spent almost 3 days in bed. Thankfully I have games like Minecraft to distract me on my not so good days.

Emma

OMG Member
It’s very sensitive issue, life is stuck without health and pain in any part of body makes you irritating and uncomfortable. Cure takes time its lengthy process always, proper treatment and avoid the things which cause of making health issues. It’s may helps you to make your life easy and healthy.

SaadAkbar

OMG Member
Yes health interrupts daily life, You have to be mentally strong to overcome such problem otherwise you will collapse mentally,if your mentally strong you can manage without people knowing you're struggling.No one understand others issue.

AliyaSohaib

OMG Member
Yes, no body understand your health issues. I love kids. But have a weak uterus and suffered 3 miscarriages. Getting treatment for this. And strongly facing this issue with lot of hopes.

Mila

OMG Member
I have issue with my teeth when I was kid I didn’t care no proper cleaning now my most of teeth are damaged and I am trying to fix it, try to build brush the teeth of your children twice a day.

Floris

Staff member
I hate how I have a washing list of little issues - but all together they're a problem and it will take a decade to fix everything. If it's even possible.

Stay healthy everybody