How much time do you spend on personal care?

SpaceKitteh24

OMG Member
I am speaking about things like showering, doing your hair, make-up, getting dressed, things of that nature. I think for most men and women, they tend to say an hour.

For me, I take fast showers. Maybe 5 to 10 minutes tops. Washing my hair adds a few extra minutes. Drying and styling is what takes me forever. I spend 45 min to an hour just for my hair. Luckily I don't wear make-up anymore. I stopped wearing it years ago, just couldn't be bothered. When I was in my late teens and early 20's, it took me almost 2 hours to get ready!

JasonZ

OMG Member
For me it is something between 20-30 minutes every day as I finish shower in 5-7 minutes and doing hair 1-2 minutes. Rest will be on clothing and have some quick breakfast to starts a day. That's my normal routine for personal care.

sarfrazali2027

OMG Member
I really don't record the time for my attention,but it looks to be like,umm,45 mins.?Do you think that its dangerous enough?I tell you,my classmates area unit worse.Sometimes they'd find yourself bathing for two hours!!!And I don't truly place cosmetics on my face,but my friends do

Pixie

This is me!
Not enough! It depends on how many spoons I have on the day.

Mostly it's a messy bun and a wash kinda day, sometimes it's a shower and a good scrub kinda day, and other times it's an hour in the bath and a much-needed soak.

Rarely have time for makeup, that's usually reserved for special occasions (dates, birthdays, weddings, parties). I've forgotten what a hairdryer is and usually towel and drip dry then brush it for simplicity.

I know I can be ready and out of the house for work in roughly 30 minutes. If I'm doing a fully loaded self-care routine: Bath, shampoo hair twice, long leave conditioner, bath bomb, a good scrub, maybe a book or Netflix, then I can easily be in the bath for around two hours, just draining off cold water and topping it up with hot whenever I get a bit chilly.

Gabriel

OMG Member
I always take bath and do cleaned shaved before going office. I cut nails and never buy useless stuff to stay cool. You You don't need to spend a lot of money to look nice

Easton

OMG Member
I have long hair and i always take care of it. I spend most of my time with my hair by cleaning it with shampoo and soap.

Julian

OMG Member
I drink water on a daily basis and spend $20 daily on a drinking water. Sleep well and always make sure I get 10 hours of sleep a night.

Theodore

OMG Member
I eat fresh fruits and vegetable plus take balanced healthy diet. I cook 99% of my own meals.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I am speaking about things like showering, doing your hair, make-up, getting dressed, things of that nature. I think for most men and women, they tend to say an hour.

For me, I take fast showers. Maybe 5 to 10 minutes tops. Washing my hair adds a few extra minutes. Drying and styling is what takes me forever. I spend 45 min to an hour just for my hair. Luckily I don't wear make-up anymore. I stopped wearing it years ago, just couldn't be bothered. When I was in my late teens and early 20's, it took me almost 2 hours to get ready!

I try to shower frequently. I try to exchange my clothes frequently too. Especially with covid I want to feel clean and know I've done my part to try and get rid of this virus.

Make-up, 0% - maybe because I am a guy, but I don't bother with anything. Even my hair is a mess, I hardly take real care of it.

Trimming my beard once a month to not let it go too crazy, but I don't really spend the appropriate time on taking care of my face.

How long I shower depends on how I feel, I can be done in 15 minutes, I hardly ever shower for more than 30 minutes.

For me it is something between 20-30 minutes every day as I finish shower in 5-7 minutes and doing hair 1-2 minutes. Rest will be on clothing and have some quick breakfast to starts a day. That's my normal routine for personal care.

Breakfast I try to do better and better. I shouldn't have unhealthy things in the morning. And now that I've started making this change in the last few years I notice when I wake up and snack, that I start to feel quite terrible. So I guesssss it's working?

I really don't record the time for my attention,but it looks to be like,umm,45 mins.?Do you think that its dangerous enough?I tell you,my classmates area unit worse.Sometimes they'd find yourself bathing for two hours!!!And I don't truly place cosmetics on my face,but my friends do

Two hours, yeah, that's not a shower or a bath, that's an escape from life - but 45 minutes should be fine. Especially if you have long hair or maybe shave legs, etc. I can skip that stuff and am out after 15 minutes.

Not enough! It depends on how many spoons I have on the day.

Mostly it's a messy bun and a wash kinda day, sometimes it's a shower and a good scrub kinda day, and other times it's an hour in the bath and a much-needed soak.

Rarely have time for makeup, that's usually reserved for special occasions (dates, birthdays, weddings, parties). I've forgotten what a hairdryer is and usually towel and drip dry then brush it for simplicity.

I know I can be ready and out of the house for work in roughly 30 minutes. If I'm doing a fully loaded self-care routine: Bath, shampoo hair twice, long leave conditioner, bath bomb, a good scrub, maybe a book or Netflix, then I can easily be in the bath for around two hours, just draining off cold water and topping it up with hot whenever I get a bit chilly.

I do not do the conditioner stuff, maybe .. I should ??

I love myself a cup of tea and some netflix once I am done with a long shower. And I try to start laundry after a shower, so when I finish a long tv episode of a movie then my laundry is done and I can be a bit more productive again.

I always take bath and do cleaned shaved before going office. I cut nails and never buy useless stuff to stay cool. You You don't need to spend a lot of money to look nice

Clean shaved! I have done that once this year, and that was after quite a few years. I used to always clean shave I dont know why I've stopped.

I have long hair and i always take care of it. I spend most of my time with my hair by cleaning it with shampoo and soap.

Any tips from experience?

I drink water on a daily basis and spend $20 daily on a drinking water. Sleep well and always make sure I get 10 hours of sleep a night.

Awesome tip, sleep! Resting is great for the brain and body, we need it more than we think.

I have recently put new filters in my britta to filter water, and now I have clean fresh filtered water in the fridge again. Meaning I will have better tea and coffee, and I drink more water and less soda.

I eat fresh fruits and vegetable plus take balanced healthy diet. I cook 99% of my own meals.

Thank you for reminding me the world has fruit.. it's been slipping this year with all the stress. I have to really get back into buying fruit weekly again. I have maybe an apple once in a while. a peer in the summer period. Some strawberries in the spring time, and every month a banana or three. But clearly that's not enough. 2021: less snacks, more fruit snacks. Natural sugars!

roflthings

OMG Member
On a daily basis it would be like 1 to 2 hours that I spend on personal care and that would include my time in hair care, skin care, exercise, meditation apart from the usual bathing and light makeup before stepping out. Most of my time is spent on deciding which outfit to wear :lol:. Foot care at night is something that I don't miss at all.

PostFun2021

OMG Member
I usually spend very less time on personal care. Major time goes in the shower. Shaving etc is done as quick as possible most of the days. But on a holiday I spend my time very leisurely taking twice as much time for each task. I try to have shower in the morning and evening without fail.

ChatGurl99x

OMG Member
I spend a lot of time on personal care. If I don't take care of myself who else will. I try to look my best even on my worst days :lol: There are so many makeup articles that can cover our flaws. I keep trying whatever comes new into the market. Cosmetics is my big weakness. I have loads of them in shelf.

Em95

OMG Member
I usually shower every other day or so, sometimes I can go up to 3 days before I shower next. It's not good to take showers often, as your skin and hair have natural oils, and constantly washing will remove those oils from your skin. I also only wash my hair every few days too. I brush my teeth daily, and do other self care fairly often.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
On a daily basis it would be like 1 to 2 hours that I spend on personal care and that would include my time in hair care, skin care, exercise, meditation apart from the usual bathing and light makeup before stepping out. Most of my time is spent on deciding which outfit to wear :lol:. Foot care at night is something that I don't miss at all.
Footcare? Feel free to elaborate. Because I take socks off, or clean foot a bit if I walked barefoot, and that's about it. (i am such a typical guy in that regard probably).

I usually spend very less time on personal care. Major time goes in the shower. Shaving etc is done as quick as possible most of the days. But on a holiday I spend my time very leisurely taking twice as much time for each task. I try to have shower in the morning and evening without fail.
Yep, that's me. Shower is where I put in the effort. And I don't shower that long. A 30 minute shower is a lifetime for me.

I shave before I get into the shower btw.

I spend a lot of time on personal care. If I don't take care of myself who else will. I try to look my best even on my worst days :lol: There are so many makeup articles that can cover our flaws. I keep trying whatever comes new into the market. Cosmetics is my big weakness. I have loads of them in shelf.
Great attitude, if not yourself, then who. So true, this alone should be motivation for me to get a haircut more often. To go see the dentist more regularly, etc. But I slack on all fronts.

Time to step it up 2022. And practice this summer haha.

I usually shower every other day or so, sometimes I can go up to 3 days before I shower next. It's not good to take showers often, as your skin and hair have natural oils, and constantly washing will remove those oils from your skin. I also only wash my hair every few days too. I brush my teeth daily, and do other self care fairly often.

I am home a lot, I hardly see other people. Showering daily isn't worth it in my eyes. And even then, it's to clean and enjoy a shower. I don't spend 5 minutes washing hair with soap every day either. But I shower multiple times per week of course. It's also a mental relaxing time, it's worth taking a shower just for that.