I am very very displeased with the XenForo community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisemasterchief

OMG Member
xenForo and its userbase is a refreshing change for me... I have absolutely no complaints. I guess it is all about what are your expectations...

dodgeboard

OMG Member
I am very displeased with the community, I rather post this here as probably over there it will end up getting locked like which every single suggestion and opinion ends up getting locked. I am sorry but I already see xenforo heading in the direction of vBulletin.. it is just so hard to share a honest suggestion.

If you get all butt-hurt that easy then you are going to have a tough go at be an admin. I know you are only 16 but you will have to have a cool head to have a successful forum. People are asses on forums - As the admin, you cannot be.

You will need to learn to walk away and not turn it into a stand-off. We all have bad days...you got to be smart enough to avoid posting replies when you are stressed.

This will all come naturally with age. I've seen some very neat things from you in your recent Board Messages add-on and other contributions over on the Xenforo Forum. I have witnessed your growth over the past several months. You are way more mature than I was at 16. With time, you will be AWESOME.

Just have patience. And understand that those are members, not staff. They have no bearing on the direction of XF.

More than anything I say hear this..SHAKE IT OFF AND FORGET IT! Don't make a big deal about it. If there's one thing I've learned as an admin, it's this: When things go south, don't try to restate my point, don't try and make others understand, don't try to win folks over...just walk away. Anything else just makes it worse.

Good luck to you Kaiser!

Beverly Johnson

OMG Member
Just remember that it's the internet, not real life ;) If things bother you about the community, don't hang out there...that's what I do. It didn't take the place long to become very "cliquish" so to speak and I don't do cliques very well...I'm too old for it.

Just hang out here...this where all the cool assholes hang out :D

As you say, the internet is not real life, it's just a place to hang out. And, yes many of these forums do have a clique atmosphere to them. That is the nature of the beast, the good and the bad part. And, forums are supposed to have that clique mentality. Eventually everyone with the same mentality finds those forums and hangs out there. If you don't fit, leave.

Anyway, i don't like cliques either, but they are an unfortunate fact of life.

For the record, Kaiser did very well with his Adminbb.org (Xenforo based) forum and recently sold it to pursue other life interests.

Before then, it was a fantastic forum. I have not been back since the sale but i'm sure it is doing fine due to all the diligent effort he put into the forum before leaving.

Beverly Johnson

OMG Member
xenforo.com has a horrible community imo am sure some of you will disagree but that's cool ^_^

No i won't disagree, just sitting on the fence.

Also, have found that some people feel entitled to act all high and mighty cause they have paid for Xenforo software. Not referring to anyone i have met here.

And, not all Xenforo forum owners. Just a select few. And, maybe that is what is going on over there on the official Xen forum.

But those same people forget there are other paid forum software out there and the people who buy them don't act uppity. So yeah, i have noticed this "we're better than you" attitude over there. Maybe if they were treating non-Xenforo forum owners that way, then it would make sense. Just not sure why they would be treating their own customers that way on their own forum. That makes no sense.

Vodkaholic

OMG Member
No i won't disagree, just sitting on the fence.

Also, have found that some people feel entitled to act all high and mighty cause they have paid for Xenforo software. Not referring to anyone i have met here.

And, not all Xenforo forum owners. Just a select few. And, maybe that is what is going on over there on the official Xen forum.

But those same people forget there are other paid forum software out there and the people who buy them don't act uppity. So yeah, i have noticed this "we're better than you" attitude over there. Maybe if they were treating non-Xenforo forum owners that way, then it would make sense. Just not sure why they would be treating their own customers that way on their own forum. That makes no sense.
kids will be kids ^^

I like you Beverly :p

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
It's been a lot better lately, despite a few hickups. But the ignore feature in 1.1 is great. My list is over 5+ users already though.

CurveGotti

OMG Member
It's been a lot better lately, despite a few hickups. But the ignore feature in 1.1 is great. My list is over 5+ users already though.

When I first saw that I thought it said 5K+ I was like Whoa! haha would take more time to add that many than it would to just scroll past their posts.

Beverly Johnson

OMG Member
When I first saw that I thought it said 5K+ I was like Whoa! haha would take more time to add that many than it would to just scroll past their posts.

Awesome! *laughs for real

Yeah, that would be something of an epic scroll though, huh?

New

It's been a lot better lately, despite a few hickups. But the ignore feature in 1.1 is great. My list is over 5+ users already though.​

Thanks for the heads up. Next time i'm over there, i will make ample and liberal use of the ignore feature. I'm sure it won't take long them long to feel the cool crispness of my COLD shoulder. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.