I need a second job...

iso

OMG Member
Not so much because I need the extra money (I do) but because I'm getting bored in my free time. Instead of doing crossword puzzles, drinking beer, and wasting time on reddit, I feel like I should be doing something productive. I need a fun new coding project to work on or something...

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Cough, you mean, you need to turn into a professional omgboards forum poster :) It's a great hobby, great community, and a great time waster when you get bored. Pfff, reddit, close that tab and open this one, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.

Have you thought about alternative little jobs, like doing something at home, online. Or perhaps watch a dog for people that are on vacation. Or become a bike courier in the evening hours or something along those lines.

iso

OMG Member
I've been working on setting up an aquaponics system, actually. I've been enjoying growing/selling aquarium plants - but it's hard to make money with that if you're doing it small scale. Maybe I'll start doing gel plants. Either way, I'd rather do something code based. Been meaning to get into AWS and Alexa dev. You ever work with either of those?

Floris

Staff member
I had to resolve a few issues on them, but I am not at all experienced.

Gladiator

OMG Member
Have you ever considered driving for Uber part time? I would if I could, but I don't live anywhere close to where they need the drivers, let alone doing it part time.

iso

OMG Member
Have you ever considered driving for Uber part time? I would if I could, but I don't live anywhere close to where they need the drivers, let alone doing it part time.
Honestly I never had considered it. I'm not entirely sure I want to deal with strangers in my car, but who knows - maybe it would be worth it?

Floris

Staff member
Is Uber legal in your country?
If I had a license I'd probably Uber part time just for some extra cash.
Shame that I can't.

Yeah, strangers in the car, but I would perhaps consider how much leasing + cleaning + insurance + costs is, compared to what it pays.