If You Could Live In a TV Show...

Dreek Lass

OMG Member
I have watched a few shows now, where I have wanted to maybe live in the world that is depicted in said TV show. One of those shows was Queer As Folk, the US version. I love the characters, and they remind me of my own friends; witty, sarcastic, but there for one another when it really counts. There would never be a dull moment if I lived in that world.

The second show that I would want to live in is Heroes. I mean, I know that the show was cancelled but what I did see of it, I really loved. I would want to have the ability to have as many powers as possible, like Sylar could?

Anywho, those are my two shows.

What TV show would you want to live in and why?

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Star Trek. Why? Look at my user name. Hello! ;)

Doctor Who. Why? Because I could hitch a ride with the Doctor in his TARDIS. ;)

The Big Bang Theory. Why? Because:

tumblr_m4v0yf9gNp1ruyy6uo1_500.gif
;)

claudine

Found it!
I would choose Gilmore Girls without any hesitation! It's my favorite TV show, I watch it often because it always makes me smile :)  It's so warm and funny and wise. Both Lorelai and Rory are great characters, I love them. I've always dreamed about having a mother that could be my best friend, it must be wonderful. 

I'm sure that living in Stars Hollow would be amazing :)

BlancaV

OMG Member
I would probably want to live in Firefly. It's an awesome show and I love the idea of traveling around the universe and getting into trouble. Not to mention, all the characters were such a hoot. Wish they hadn't cancelled that show. 

Second show that I would like to be in . . . Dr. Who. Again, traveling and getting into trouble, except in different times and places. Gotta love it!

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Which Doctor would you travel with? I'd pick the 10th Doctor, hands down.

tumblr_md9iuwnqYf1r9uyl8o1_500.gif
  ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dreek Lass

OMG Member
Star Trek. Why? Look at my user name. Hello! ;)

Doctor Who. Why? Because I could hitch a ride with the Doctor in his TARDIS. ;)

The Big Bang Theory. Why? Because:

tumblr_m4v0yf9gNp1ruyy6uo1_500.gif
;)
Lol! I have never watched Star Trek in my life, but from what I am told, some of the storylines are made out as if they are entirely fiction, when in fact they are inspired by real life historical events, that most of us have no idea about. I don't like much science fiction though, except for Heroes, hence why I chose to live there in my earlier post :)

People are always telling me how funny the BBT is, but I never laugh and there is no eye candy on the show lmao! 

As for Dr. Who? My uncle got me into that when I was younger. I LOVED that show.

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Lol! I have never watched Star Trek in my life...
The Doctor when he read that:

dramaticpausetime.gif

And then he told Donna about it:

DoctorDonnaShock.gif

;)

People are always telling me how funny the BBT is, but I never laugh and there is no eye candy on the show lmao! 
'Kay, there's no eye candy, but there's Eye of the Tiger:

Does that count? ;)

As for Dr. Who? My uncle got me into that when I was younger. I LOVED that show.

5144de5a99f49.jpg
;)

MainerMikeBrown

OMG Member
I'd like to live in the show Family Matters from the early 90's (remember Steve Urkle?)  The reason why is that on this show, they always solve all their problems within 30 minutes.

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Uh! Uh! Eureka!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpR5Uvy6Vs8

<Sheldon Cooper moment> See how I cleverly used double meaning of the word

Eureka to express how suddenly and brilliantly I thought of a like-named TV show I'd like to live in? ;)
4f553c991861331dbc00e1d0.png
:p

Eureka, did you know it was made famous by the ancient Greek scholar named Archimedes who reportedly proclaimed "Eureka!" when he stepped into a bath and noticed that the water level rose? He suddenly understood that the volume of water displaced must be equal to the volume of the part of his body he had submerged. He then realized that the volume of irregular objects could be measured with precision, a previously intractable problem. He is said to have been so eager to share his discovery with everyone that he leaped out of his bathtub and ran through the streets of Syracuse naked, shouting "Eureka!".

Speaking of the word

Archimedean screw or Screwpump, a machine historically used for transferring water from a low-lying body of water into irrigation ditches.

Fun fact: Among other things, Archimedes also created what is known as the

Archimedes-screw_one-screw-threads_with-ball_3D-view_animated_small.gif

archimedes_screw.gif

"ah, screw Archimedes", remember:

So, in case you got bored by reading my post and thought to yourself

You don't screw Archimedes! The Archimedes screws YOU!

</Sheldon Cooper moment> :D

MainerMikeBrown

OMG Member
I'd hate to live in the show Seinfeld considering that they have the worst problems on that show, and they usually don't ever solve their problems.

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Come with me to Eureka, a place full of scientists, a place where everyone are too smart for their own good, so the problems that inevitably pop up in each episode have to be solved by a town Sheriff who knows as much about science as Sheldon Cooper knows about social conventions.   ;)

h22251EA4

Speaking of Sheldon Cooper, he would fit perfectly in Eureka, working for Global Dynamics with other socially inept geniuses there.

tumblr_mlzz965aCE1qhz3hpo1_500.gif

TARDIS blueprints, Mikey. Hint hint. ;)

His "friend" Wil Wheaton is already there anyway, getting on everyone's nerves with his oversized ego-fueled arrogance, much like Sheldon goes on Leonard's, Howard's and Raj's nerves in the same way.

Isaac_Parrish.png

tumblr_m3q019l1zC1qj972zo1_500.jpg

He particularly likes to pick on Douglas Fargo, taking every chance he gets to somehow screw him up.

h298C82EF

If Sheldon was there, he would suggest they upgrade to Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock.

Uh-huh. ;)

Come to think of it, I'm not sure if the strength of Eureka's EM shield would be enough to contain the sheer volume of their egos combined and keep the inevitable shitstorm (pardon my language) from spilling outside the town. They'd end up pissing Fargo off so much he'd literally go green. Again.

tumblr_mcnijbc8rS1qa601io1_500.gif
:D

Johnny Depp

OMG Member
How I met your Mother?? I'm still waiting to know who is their mother. How is she????

Serio_oth

Notify the police; there's a madman on the loose
So many possibilities. Star Trek because... well, it's Star Trek and awesome.

Or maybe Fringe. As part of the Fringe division. Bumping into alternate universes and Fringe science all the time would be interesting.

MainerMikeBrown

OMG Member
Imagine living in Becker, where you'd have to deal with Dr. John Becker (played by Ted Danson), who was about the most miserable medical doctor on the face of the planet?!

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Imagine living in Star Trek, aboard USS Voyager, trapped in the Delta quadrant, where you'd have to deal with Voyager's Mark I Emergency Medical Hologram (played by Robert Picardo), who was the biggest attention whore on the whole ship. Additionally, he had terrible bedside manners and always a handful of cynical and sarcastic comments & remarks which he happily shared with anyone who came to sickbay. ;)

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Talking about Seinfeld, I just re-watched all nine seasons :D

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Well now time has passed... I'd pick, The Originals or Lucifer!