Impatiently waiting for a new Mac Mini

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
SO yeah.... I'm hoping they release a new Mac Mini this year so I can buy one!!! I've just got a monitor and headphones for it on the Amazon Prime Day Deals!!!
Just need the new computer so much!!!

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I guess we have to wait a bit longer, bit strange that we haven't heard any solid news.

Floris

Staff member
My theory about the 3 year cycle still stands, and despite rumors turning out to not manifest, it's now been three years, I guess that means it won't be long now for the refresh.

At least your iMac still works, well enough to be online. It's a waiting game is all. By the way, Randy didn't want to wait, he bought it because his systems were falling apart. He's loving it. So even if you get the 2020 one, you will be happy. But yep.. i'd wait for the 2nd silicon - I can't imagine it will take much longer.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
So even if you get the 2020 one, you will be happy
Thats the thing I don't want old tech.... if I can last out for the new I will try.... fingers crossed :cute:

Floris

Staff member
You maxing out the ram in it nixxy? going for 16gb instead of 8?

And what are your plans, going with a small drive, and putting a cheaper but bigger external SSD on usb-c? Or wanting it all built in and spending extra money to get like a 1tb or bigger?

Floris

Staff member
Nice, was that post made with the mac mini ? :D