Import of IPB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Hey :)

Yes, the convert service covers IPB to XenForo as well.

$4 base price.
$20 convert service for the first 300,000 posts.
$9 for every additional 250,000 posts.

Which IPB version are you running specifically?
Mikey and Brandon on our team should be available for this service.

George G Halstead

OMG Member
the latest 3.1 I will of course remove all mods but the attachments are what worry me. I have 1.8 gigs of fownloads of content.

Floris

Staff member
I will talk to our convert team members and ask them if it's possible to convert nearly 2gb of attachments from IPB to XF without too much trouble. Are the attachments stored in the database? And if so, how big is the total size of the database? And could you provide (if you decide to take on this service) an .sql dump?

George G Halstead

OMG Member
Once the first stable gets released i will be biting at the bits to use it.. I cannot believe the ease of use is and even the admin area is straight forward.

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
So the attachments are stored in the file system. Does IPB3.1 support storing them in the database?

I do not think that it does.

ipbattach.png

Floris

Staff member
We'd have to do a test then with access to the attachment directory (so do it on the customer server) or get the attachments so we can do it localhost.

George G Halstead

OMG Member
My attachments i did move out of the database. I have a full backup ready to make a test site friend. I was going to try it locally but the db was just to big to load on my localhost

George G Halstead

OMG Member
Just to close this topic, The Port from IPB to XenForo is actually very fast and If you use xenfans to do the Database will be painless and a easy transition.

Floris

Staff member
Sorry that due to technical limitations we can't seem to always process the actually linked attachments from ipb to xenforo. We're certainly looking into this. Other forum products handle it equally at times and it requires more indepth testing and direct access, etc.

I am glad the convert of your ipb to xenforo went smooth. We're here to help and happy to see it going well.

Status
Not open for further replies.