Is MacBook better than a Windows laptop?

AliyaSohaib

OMG Member
I think yes, Apple's powerful laptops are especially ideal for creative tasks like photo and video editing. And now apple includes help resources to make it easy to use for window users.
But in prices if you need something more affordable window laptop might be for you.

Em95

OMG Member
Eh, I disagree. They may be great for video editing and coding, but they're way more expensive than a windows PC compared to specs and price. You could get a better Windows PC, specs wise and still pay less than what a macbook or mac computer costs.

It's a designer laptop, that's how I see it and always will. They have their uses, but are far too expensive for my tastes.

Mila

OMG Member
Macbook is luxury product with excellent feelings and made with high quality material. Macbook hardware is higher in quality and more responsive than other computer.

BigDave

OMG Member
I can't stand mac, they're way too expensive and don't really deliver anything I can't get from a good Windows PC. Yeah, Windows can be a burden, but I feel I can afford a windows PC a lot easier than a mac.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Yes, I have a very strong personal opinion about Apple's operating system versus alternatives such as microsoft's windows, but, it falls apart as soon as I say: Use the OS that makes sense for the task(s) you're doing daily.

No use deep diving into the apple eco system, when your school requires windows apps, or work gives android phones, or you're an it person in a data center with proprietary software and hardware.

If you're a streamer and content creator, you might require a mixture of operating systems, but i can't imagine some gamer streamer having a 21" imac to achieve that, obviously.

But yeah, buy a system with macOS on it, for a stable and delicious end user experience.