mercGallery Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo_imported

OMG Member
mercGallery Lite Version 0.9.0

This is the first alpha release of the light version of my gallery. It still has a fair bit to do before a stable release but I thought I would get it out early.

This gallery is designed to be simple and effective. You have categories (or albums if you like?) and images. Images have descriptions. That is the main concept.

How to get this early version working and what not to do
  1. Upload and install
  2. Go to permissions and give yourself the ability to add images
  3. Go to admin -> applications -> create category and create your first category
  4. Go to gallery -> upload (in the public area) and upload your first image
  5. The categories won't show without any images in it, after the above steps you should see it in action
  6. Don't upload images with spaces in their filenames, the thumbnails won't work. This will obvioulsy be fixed soon
  7. Remember this is an alpha and if something goes wrong it is expected
To-Do
  • add permissions other then the one for uploading new images
  • add cron jobs to get rid of anything that isn't used
  • add maintenance functions to make things run a little faster
  • add functions to move images so when you delete a category it can move any images into another category if selected
  • ability to actually delete an image
  • error messages
  • phrases instead of hardcoded strings
  • allow to change the url of the public area
  • renaming and moving files/classes
  • ability to disable completely
  • next/prev links
  • new lightbox integration when XF updates it
  • popular/latest pages done, including sidebar
  • sidebar areas on pages depending on which ones are selected in admin
  • change where the admin settings are and some names
  • ability to set the thumbnail size
  • have images in the data folder and accessed through the images title and id instead of directly to the file

Attachments

• mercGalleryLite1.jpg
    mercGalleryLite1.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 61
  • mercGalleryLite2.jpg
    mercGalleryLite2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 46
  • mercGalleryLite3.jpg
    mercGalleryLite3.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 40
  • mercGallery.zip
    16.4 KB · Views: 26

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Pretty cool :) I am glad to see you sharing it with the XenForo / XenFans members here on the site. I've downloaded a copy to play with and learn from.

SteveL

OMG Member
I will be watching this with great interest!! Looking real good so far and I may do like Floris did and dl what is available now and play with it on my test zone.

Thanks for doing this and know that people are waiting anxiously for this!!

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
Well, development is pauzed atm because of some personal things. (I know Robbo)

So you'll have to wait for beta 2

phonegnome

OMG Member
Looks very nice. One thing holding me back from converting from SMF -> XenForo is the lack of gallery plugin (which I have now found, but need to test it).

My forum has a photo gallery of about 500 photos right now, running on SMF Gallery Lite - I normally have to approve 2-5 photo submissions each day, so it is a very popular feature.

Do you know if it would be difficult to convert from SMF Gallery Lite (SMF Hacks website) to this software? Would you do paid work relating to it?

Robbo_imported

OMG Member
I'm all about making money. The features you want sound like what will be in the full version however. And my importer will support that mod eventually.

And to everyone else I should be able to get back to work on the gallery very soon.

Floris

Staff member
I'm all about making money. The features you want sound like what will be in the full version however. And my importer will support that mod eventually.

And to everyone else I should be able to get back to work on the gallery very soon.

Let me know how the import of SMF gallery to XenForo mercGallery is/goes - if it is successful we could work together in the future referring customers to each other.

phonegnome

OMG Member
If you two are interested in working together or something then, I am willing to pay to get this does. I am not sure how popular SMF Gallery Lite is, whether it would prove worthwhile doing it (as I guess you would then be able to offer it as a service).

SteveL

OMG Member
Any more news on this? Just curious and patiently waiting.
wink.png

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
if I remember rightly, robbo had some real life issues, he'll be back soon hopefully.

Floris

Staff member
his irc client joins. I'd give him a bit of time :)

Floris

Staff member
Nice to hear from you again and we all hope that things will turn out ok for you. If you need a shoulder in confidence I have a PrivMsg button on my profile :)

Robbo_imported

OMG Member
Got a little bit wild this weekend so didn't get anything done. Will try get the beta done tonight, it mainly just needs integration with lightbox.

Floris

Staff member
Got a little bit wild this weekend so didn't get anything done. Will try get the beta done tonight, it mainly just needs integration with lightbox.
Your avatar shows it's party time every weekend :D

Status
Not open for further replies.