Mobile Suite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Moore

OMG Member
I'm curious as to what a mobile suite would involve for a forum software. The name that must not be mentioned, now has a mobile suite that goes with a package for an extra $150 to $200. So what is so special?

What was done by the name that must not be mentioned, can probably be done by an experienced coder especially for XenForo.

And now *DISCUSS* :P

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
I don't really need a mobile style.
I'm perfectly happy with the current site that loads on my phone/ipod :D

I also don't need another bill :)

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I do not know, I think it works just fine without a skin, but of course, it helps speed things up.
I do hope it's not just a jQuery wrapper around basically RSS feeds with a post button though ..

Lucifer_imported

OMG Member
With 250mb data limits the less I load the better, that said. If I could change to a plan with a normal cap I would not be so worried.

Stormraven

Trusted Member
TBH, I run on XenForo and I'd rather not have one, I just prefer it like that, not sure why lol.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I don't use an optimizer, and while it's interesting. I do not want to install one of those apps here really. The more people use the full experience, the more traffic is used, the more people want it to be faster. Technology will be helped being pushed forward. We will overall, in the long run, all get higher bandwidths, speed/quota wise and it won't even be an issue anymore.

But yes, that doesn't solve it for people who have an account at a company with a data cap on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.