Moving your furniture around!!!!

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
SO I know this is a random thread but I just wanted to know how often do you rearrange your rooms where you live? I've just done my living room and that is the 4th move around in 10 years. My other rooms have moved around maybe once or twice. I might have to rectify that soon!! Does a good move about make your home feel refreshed and new or not at all? For me it's like it creates a new energy in the house. But also a big fat mess as I find things that were stuffed down the back of the sofa for example! lol.

KilljoyDivine

OMG Member
Yup! I read a while ago that it's all about shaking the dust out of the room, the energy, reorganizing the feng shui! I've been trying to figure out a way to do this with my bedroom, but it's a more difficult room to do this with because of the limited space.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I've been trying to figure out a way to do this with my bedroom
Yes same here. I am limited to 2 options and one of them the door smacks against my bed and the other hides the wardrobe...sigh

KilljoyDivine

OMG Member
I've been talking about getting a smaller bed, but I kinda need the full size, since the dog takes up half of it, and she usually starts in the middle. :\ Basically we just have too much stuff, and we're trying to figure out how to pare down without getting rid of things we actually use. Like camping things, right? I mean, we haven't been camping in 4 years, but, you never know when you have to hit the weeds! O_o

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
LOL I know that well... I'm always thinking but what if I need that tomorrow? And yes I could downsize my bed too but that is not happening as I love my bed lol.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I have to admit, I suddenly had this super simple solution that makes me super happy .. for the big gap on my wall when I move my tv box area away from it. So after bout 10 years, I finally am happy how I am going to solve that. IKEA< i will be there this summer! i hope.. fingers crossed

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
yeah I want to but it's a case of limited space and too much stuff. I'm slowly making my way through all the stuff so we'll see maybe in about 10 years I'll have got rid of enough to move things!

Floris

Staff member
You just reminded me @Joan :) I usually stick to the rooms I use and only once in a while I go into the rooms that I don't need, and when I check paperwork or look for something I run into stuff I haven't seen for 5+ years and my mind is like: i had this?

It's crazy. It's a strange feeling.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I've done it again!! Moved everything around again lol....

Floris

Staff member
I've done it again!! Moved everything around again lol....
I still am in that stage that things go where there's space for it. I am making plans, and getting comfortable with chance. ill get there

Floris

Staff member
I've got it in my head now what I have to do. Next step is to let go of some other projects and get some things designed and printed, cut it in bits and layer it, to try and find that setup that works.

Reactions: Nix

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I might have to do this again when the cats eventually go as I'm going to get that treadmill and a few other bits to replace what the cats have trashed!

Floris

Staff member
I bought that paper that lets me scale my room, and then i can try stuff out, but i am 100% not convinced what i want still. so hard !

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I bought that paper that lets me scale my room, and then i can try stuff out, but i am 100% not convinced what i want still. so hard !
OOoOOO sounds interesting :D

Floris

Staff member
I need a few people offline that don't know the apartment and know what they're talking about, and just tell me what to do.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Had a brainwave! If I get rid if the dumping ground basket, I can get the other dvd tower thing, and fill it with the dvd that are under the bed. Making space for the board games to go under the bed, which in turn gives me more room in the wardrobe for actual clothes and in theory reduces the floordrobe.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Rearranged living room on Sunday for delivery of treadmill next Wednesday but it turned up yesterday so good job I moved everything in the end!!