Murder, she did?

Azhria Lilu

OMG Member
A person on Facebook shared an image that amused me and inspired a (very) short story. Thought I'd share it for mockery and amusement. it's unproofed, unedited.. written on the fly. I make no promises :p

***​

It started out as a game, one of those late night conversations after a little too much wine. We’d been talking about people we knew, worked with, had to deal with on a daily basis when Jan had asked the question that changed everything.

“Out of all the people we know, which one would you kill if you could?”

Sue and Tom had laughed and claimed they wouldn’t kill any of them. But me? I knew exactly who I’d pick. I didn’t tell them, though, I just smiled and said there were far too many to choose from. But it got me thinking and once the three of them had gone home, I started to plan.

There’s a well-known saying that most murders are committed by the victim’s family (usually spouse) or someone they know. That’s not actually true, most murders are spur of the moment or gang-related and committed by a stranger. I knew that if I could make it look like one of those, there was a high chance that I would get away with it.

I suppose you’re all wondering who my intended victim is and what they did that made me feel so strongly about killing them? In truth, they haven’t done a thing. He – and yes, it’s a guy – just ticks all the necessary boxes. Sucks to be him, I guess.

All I really needed to do was arrange a chance meeting, and since I know his routine very well that wasn’t difficult to achieve. He always goes to the local pub for a quick pint before heading home after work and so, after making sure I was seen at the gym a few miles in the opposite direction, I headed back to wait for him.

I didn’t wear anything to disguise myself – a hoodie or any such thing would have drawn too much attention to myself. I just dressed as I normally would in jeans, t-shirt and running shoes. The only extra item I had on me was a knife – a nice, long, sharp knife. One stab should do it, angled upwards so it slid through the ribs and into the heart.

He left the pub at the usual time and I walked along behind him for a short time,then quickened my pace until I was beside him. He didn’t look surprised to see me.

“I thought you would have done this sooner,” he said, which made me frown. “Come on, get on with it.” He caught my hand – the one holding the knife - and pulled it toward him. “Jeez, at least have the courage to follow through on your plan or do I have to do it for you?” Before I could stop him, he’d yanked on my arm and the blade had gone in.

As I stood there watching the blood spread across his shirt, he released my hand and touched my cheek. “And now the game can really begin,” he whispered.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Ok, that was cool of you to share! Thank you. I enjoyed reading that. Can't wait for more now. haha.
Soooo murrderouuus :D

Azhria Lilu

OMG Member
Ok, that was cool of you to share! Thank you. I enjoyed reading that. Can't wait for more now. haha.
Soooo murrderouuus :D
Hah, thanks..... I do like murderous things .... you've probably noticed that over the years :D