Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

My leather iPhone case

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Floris, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    Simply put: I love it :)

When I got my new iPhone 6s Plus, one thing was certain: Slippery as hell! Compared to the glass back on the iPhone 4, and the size of the 5s, this 6s+ was too slippery and the weight balance was somewhat in the middle, so grabbing it wrong a bit and flip, there it goes. NUHUH, not going to risk it.

Prior to purchase I checked out some threads and people shared their weathering on their leather cases. I really loved the look. I got the expensive case from Apple, the leather saddle brown one. It's been awesome.

It's about two years old now and I dropped my phone twice, quite hard. And right on the corner where it has shattered the glass for others. There's a bit of corner damage to the leather - but besides that: perfect. And no scratch on the phone whatsoever.

I find it's way too expensive, but it IS pretty good quality. The inside feels silky smooth and the outside feels texture wise quite rough and nice. It's leather alright, I don't care if it is real or fake, I don't want to find out. It have no issue with it. It smells nice, it feels nice, and it's nice and thin.

And that's important: I don't want to bulk my phone up with a plastic cover that goes all the way around and all that stuff. It makes it look and feel like a brick. If it was up to me I'd get a sticker all around. like a car-wrap I guess. But this is a nice compromise. It also makes the black phone look so professional.

I used to live on a farm and i had saddles for the horses etc, so having a saddle brown leather case that reminds me of that fits me so well.

If I get the iPhone X 2018 edition or 2019 edition, whatever the next one will be, I do not know yet what I want to do. We will see how that pans out.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MKXW2ZM/A/iphone-6-6s-leather-case-black

2. Nix

Nix Just a little crazy! Staff Member

Threads:
  3. OP
    Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    haha, that's a cool case :) it has something extra to it, and i dont see that too often.

4. Nix

Nix Just a little crazy! Staff Member

Threads:
    Mine just broke!! The corner came off at the top. Shouldn't be too much of a problem so long as I don't drop it now. Sigh. I love this case.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice