My leather iPhone case

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Simply put: I love it :)

When I got my new iPhone 6s Plus, one thing was certain: Slippery as hell! Compared to the glass back on the iPhone 4, and the size of the 5s, this 6s+ was too slippery and the weight balance was somewhat in the middle, so grabbing it wrong a bit and flip, there it goes. NUHUH, not going to risk it.

Prior to purchase I checked out some threads and people shared their weathering on their leather cases. I really loved the look. I got the expensive case from Apple, the leather saddle brown one. It's been awesome.

It's about two years old now and I dropped my phone twice, quite hard. And right on the corner where it has shattered the glass for others. There's a bit of corner damage to the leather - but besides that: perfect. And no scratch on the phone whatsoever.

I find it's way too expensive, but it IS pretty good quality. The inside feels silky smooth and the outside feels texture wise quite rough and nice. It's leather alright, I don't care if it is real or fake, I don't want to find out. It have no issue with it. It smells nice, it feels nice, and it's nice and thin.

And that's important: I don't want to bulk my phone up with a plastic cover that goes all the way around and all that stuff. It makes it look and feel like a brick. If it was up to me I'd get a sticker all around. like a car-wrap I guess. But this is a nice compromise. It also makes the black phone look so professional.

I used to live on a farm and i had saddles for the horses etc, so having a saddle brown leather case that reminds me of that fits me so well.

If I get the iPhone X 2018 edition or 2019 edition, whatever the next one will be, I do not know yet what I want to do. We will see how that pans out.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MKXW2ZM/A/iphone-6-6s-leather-case-black

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
haha, that's a cool case :) it has something extra to it, and i dont see that too often.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Mine just broke!! The corner came off at the top. Shouldn't be too much of a problem so long as I don't drop it now. Sigh. I love this case.