OMGBoards.com: Public Registration Closed - Invite Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Hello OMG member, you're good, you already have an account.

Hello Visitor, thank you for browsing our site. This information might impact you in 2021 at some point. Please read this if you are considering being part of our community.

Starting at some point in 2021, if you wish to be part of this community you have to know someone who's already a member (sign-ups will be invite-only).

Therefore: if you wish to join prior to that change, you can do so now.

There are various reasons behind this decision, I won't bother you with them.

The original creations.nl started January 1st, 2001, and it's soon 2021. That means we're 20 years old. And over the last few decades our community has stayed the same, despite merges, people joining and leaving, despite different urls, switching forum software, etc. We're still the same community, even if it's in a different shape and form. This won't change that.

Signing up is simple, you give us a username, email and a desired password. You verify your email, and you can be part of our site.

We do not sell your information, we don't offer ads, there's no company behind it trying to make you a product. We're just here hanging out - and we're focussing on making that a friends with friends kind of thing. And your friends with their friends.

Other changes coming in 2021: We might at some point give people access to see the forums, the thread titles, but maybe not the content. But let's start by having an account be a bit more exclusive (you have to know someone).

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Update:

We've been on XenForo 2 for a while now and so far the anti spam has been a smoother experience, including moderation.

So for now until that happens, we're opening up a bit again. We're not officially open, but creating accounts and participating is currently an option. Get one before we notice an influx of spam bots and we're revisiting what we want to do.

Yay for improvements in software.

Status
Not open for further replies.