Outdoor spaces

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
What does your outdoor space look like if you have one? Doesn't matter if its your garden or patio or balcony or someone else's o_o :D

Come on Floris I know you been sorting out your space too...

kSejyxt.png

FrTpLV0.jpg

SRq3BJ1.jpg

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
A mess! Mostly weeds and weeds covered by cardboard!

If you're bored enough, you can see it all on my Instagram @miniallotmentuk

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
A mess! Mostly weeds and weeds covered by cardboard!

If you're bored enough, you can see it all on my Instagram @miniallotmentuk
Time to make a start this summer. I've really enjoyed the cooler mornings to do some work with a friend in their garden to get some crap out of there, after I worked on my balcony first. I don't have to go to work after, so I know .. privilege there in time. But I can suggest to do a little bit each day. After a few weeks my balcony went from looking abandoned to 'now I wanna be there every morning and evening'.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot 2023-06-06 at 07.47.50.png
    Screen-Shot 2023-06-06 at 07.47.50.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 1

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
The ground is too hard at the moment to do much. But I spent 2 hours yesterday just weeding between the lettuces and garlic. Had to water the area as I was going to be able to weed it.
I'll go up again this evening to water and weed around where the kohlrabi is growing, very carefully though so I don't take up those seedlings.

Reactions: Nix

Floris

Staff member
I spent 2 hours yesterday
excellent!
Garden already looks great, lots of potential too. it will be a fun summer for us all I hope. FOr growing things, it will be a hot and DRY summer, not much rain in first half of june, it worries the local farmers, so .. collect water where you can as they might put some bans on what you can use it for by july

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Yeah, thankfully we have a water supply there, just got to keep filling the watering can up. It's mostly weeds at the moment so looks green at least
Will hopefully rain over the weekend so that'll help, no doubt bring on more weeds as well. When I was there last night there, site secretary guy walked by so at least he saw that I am working on it and not just letting the weeds take over!
It's 56m² so one of the smaller plots, but plenty big enough for me.

elmo

OMG Member
Firing up the grill for some dinner.

Scaffolding is there since they are painting the walls.

Attachments

• 20230610_170536.jpg
    20230610_170536.jpg
    511.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230610_172551.jpg
    20230610_172551.jpg
    755.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
What a view!

i hate how the Netherlands is so FLAAAT

elmo

OMG Member
What a view!

i hate how the Netherlands is so FLAAAT
Finally some nice weather, its been raining here for the past few weeks.

The view is pretty nice, one of the reasons we bought the place. South-west facing veranda means awesome sun conditions if its sunshine.

I could go for some more flatter scenery, its a pain in the ass going anywhere because you know you will be tackling hills no matter what.

Edit: apparently its called a balcony and not veranda in english, no roof over it

Last edited:

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Thinking of painting the shed this colour...

41RbdLidg3L._AC_.jpg

Floris

Staff member
July weather has been crap, and it still is. June was fun on the balcony, july wasn't. I hope august improves, so I can enjoy my upgraded balcony

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
What pink and purple flowers have you got, I've got a space that is my flower bed, so far it has a pink rose and I've just planted some purple allium bulbs, will so tulips as well, but want a mix of flowers.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
What pink and purple flowers have you got, I've got a space that is my flower bed, so far it has a pink rose and I've just planted some purple allium bulbs, will so tulips as well, but want a mix of flowers.
My pink cluster rose is cool and Agapanthus' are huge this year... I like the alliums too, might do some myself. I tend to go to garden shops and just mooch about till I find something I like the look of that fits with what I can cope with and want.

EDIT
Don't forget Lavender..

Floris

Staff member
I've moved almost 90% back on the balcony, trying to enjoy it. It's nice how even with little effort it's so much better than th years before. worth the investment.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I need to get strimmer wire, so I might see what bulbs are around as well, I did get some pink tulips so I'll look at others, but I'll also get more tulips for my tyre planter too.