PC or Mac?

PC OR MAC?

• Total voters

Incogneto

OMG Member
Thread from the old forums.

I prefer PC but would love to try a MAC!

What about you?!

Jack

OMG Member
Had 6 PC's , 1 broke

had 2 macs, 2broke.

Macs fail epically in my honest opinion.

I had this discussion with some friends in French today.

Fail

OMG Member
PC all the way.

Although Linux is fun to use sometimes, I have 50GB partitioned for Ubuntu on one of my HDD's I should use it more often.

Incogneto

OMG Member
[quote name='Fail' date='15 October 2009 - 01:15 PM' timestamp='1255612532' post='318']

PC all the way.

Although Ubuntu is fun to use sometimes, I have 50GB partitioned for Ubuntu on one of my HDD's should use it more often.

[/quote]

Ubuntu is?

Jack, how did your Mac's break may I ask?

Blackfiresz

OMG Member
PC and I'm happy because the $200+ graphics card we had in there is working again! we found the problem, its one of those where you need power going into it lol

Fail

OMG Member
[quote name='Incogneto' date='15 October 2009 - 01:21 PM' timestamp='1255612876' post='321']

Ubuntu is?

Jack, how did your Mac's break may I ask?

[/quote]

Operating system based on Linux.

Azza Dutt

OMG Member
[quote name='Jack' date='14 October 2009 - 06:18 PM' timestamp='1255540712' post='269']I had this discussion with some friends in French today.

[/quote]

By that do you mean:

a] You spoke to them about this in a French lesson.

or

b] You spoke to them about this in the language of the French.

If:

a] V. bad you should be studying

b] Impressive.

Incogneto

OMG Member
[quote name='Azza Dutt' date='15 October 2009 - 09:40 PM' timestamp='1255642808' post='391']

By that do you mean:

a] You spoke to them about this in a French lesson.

or

b] You spoke to them about this in the language of the French.

If:

a] V. bad you should be studying

b] Impressive.

[/quote]

That is the most confusing post in the history of forums ..
<

Freek

OMG Member
Okay, I will explain. Prepare yourself.

"In French" can have two meanings.

Some students abbreviate French class as just "French" so this understanding would be better rephrased "I had this discussions with some friends DURING my French class."

The other understanding would be describing that he, Jack, was speaking French in the conversation he had with his friends.

Azza comments that the former deserves a, "Shame on you!" as students should be paying attention in class instead of talking about PC v. Mac. The latter would be "impressive" because Jack lives in America, and the ability to carry out an entire conversation about computers while speaking French is considered impressive.

Joost

OMG Member
I do think Apple makes some cool stuff but I prefer a PC.

Offtopic: Jack seems to live in Derbyshire, England

NameInWash

OMG Member
Macs are overpriced white dells with an unreliable Linux OS.

A PC however can be customized to your liking and you can build one.

PCs ftw!

Freek

OMG Member
Worth it? How? Please explain your reasoning to me.

Most of you probably don't know that I used to own an iMac. And if you don't know that, you definitely don't know that there is almost nothing in the world that I hate more than an iMac. Long story short: I sold my iMac. And then until my new machine shipped, which was sometime over the next week, I was stuck trying to post from other people's machines, as well as places like public libraries and internet cafe's. Which, as you can guess, is usually NOT conducive to anything Freek-related. Never, EVER buy a Mac, folks.

Azza Dutt

OMG Member
[quote name='Freek' date='17 October 2009 - 12:01 AM' timestamp='1255734067' post='465']

Okay, I will explain. Prepare yourself.

"In French" can have two meanings.

Some students abbreviate French class as just "French" so this understanding would be better rephrased "I had this discussions with some friends DURING my French class."

The other understanding would be describing that he, Jack, was speaking French in the conversation he had with his friends.

Azza comments that the former deserves a, "Shame on you!" as students should be paying attention in class instead of talking about PC v. Mac. The latter would be "impressive" because Jack lives in America, and the ability to carry out an entire conversation about computers while speaking French is considered impressive.

[/quote]

(y)

Yup that's precisely it. Clearly we're working on the same wavelength.

djl93

OMG Member
I'm sorry but I don't think i could ever get used to single click so I have to say PC hands down.

akiratheoni

OMG Member
[quote name='Freek' date='19 October 2009 - 02:27 AM' timestamp='1255919249' post='786']

Worth it? How? Please explain your reasoning to me.

Most of you probably don't know that I used to own an iMac. And if you don't know that, you definitely don't know that there is almost nothing in the world that I hate more than an iMac. Long story short: I sold my iMac. And then until my new machine shipped, which was sometime over the next week, I was stuck trying to post from other people's machines, as well as places like public libraries and internet cafe's. Which, as you can guess, is usually NOT conducive to anything Freek-related. Never, EVER buy a Mac, folks.

[/quote]

Yeah, because you had one bad experience with a Mac, NO ONE should use it! That's the attitude.

In other news I use Ubuntu. Only Windows when it's virtualized, and for Microsoft Office.

gaogier

OMG Member
[quote name='akiratheoni' date='02 November 2009 - 10:05 PM' timestamp='1257199537' post='2966']

Yeah, because you had one bad experience with a Mac, NO ONE should use it! That's the attitude.

In other news I use Ubuntu. Only Windows when it's virtualized, and for Microsoft Office.

[/quote]

I have had my laptop (windows) broken 912 times in 3 years. (PC world say I am their biggest customer)

I have had a Imac for 3 years, 1 problem, fixed in 2 hours at a mac help desk. A screw was too lose.

What broke on my laptop, Mouse pad, Keyboard keys, screen, hard drive, motherboard, ram, start up pin and many more many broke many times.

I trust Apple over MS, they seem to be user friendly. They try and get things for the user.

This is a quote by someone in the tech world. Windows is 5-6 years behind Mac. Everything you see on Windows is copied. Look at the new windows 7, its all copied. Their best OS was XP. They should of just improved XP.

MS say you just pay extra for an apple logo. You don't, you pay for front end, top of the range software, and hardware. Microsoft don't care about us, they care about making money. They have made their system so weak, just to go on other many systems, weather its dell, sony, acer or many others.

The only good thing MS has made is the Xbox

Freek

OMG Member
[quote name='akiratheoni' date='02 November 2009 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1257199537' post='2966']

Yeah, because you had one bad experience with a Mac, NO ONE should use it! That's the attitude.[/quote]

Exactly.

I also asked him for his good experience. So at least I'm not a hypocrite.

gaogier

OMG Member
[quote name='Freek' date='02 November 2009 - 11:43 PM' timestamp='1257205401' post='2994']

Exactly.

I also asked him for his good experience. So at least I'm not a hypocrite.

[/quote]

Read my post then, 912 times with 1 laptop only. PC world say its a record. lol

Smoke

OMG Member
[quote name='gaogier' date='02 November 2009 - 08:02 PM' timestamp='1257206577' post='2999']

Read my post then, 912 times with 1 laptop only. PC world say its a record. lol

[/quote]

No exaggeration?

Wow ;-;

Pretty crazy, imagine having to call tech support 912 times. D:

InfiniteZr0

OMG Member
[quote name='Incogneto' date='03 November 2009 - 12:44 AM' timestamp='1257209069' post='3000']

Gao, are you serious? 912.. You have to be joking mate.

[/quote]

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Mac :D

I can finally say Mac :D