tumblr_m0malurP5W1rrrheoo1_500_large.jpg

GamerGirlRage-61760.jpg

gamer_girls-74884.jpg

funny-memes-girl-gamer-rage.jpg

girl-gamer_o_386592.jpg

gamergirl+%25281%2529.jpg

A bit offensive, but funny.
happy0009.gif

Now, does anyone here have a problem with the girl gamers? Hmm?
sign0026.gif

Bonus for the end:

1337-gamer-girl-Stop-Shooting.jpg

3pda5d.jpg

What? You were expecting something else?

;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jessi

OMG Member
Lmao! I love the last one especially. ;)

And considering I AM a girl gamer, I can definitely relate to some of those. The first one is really true, minus a couple of them. My friends don't know I game at all, unless they're gamers as well (I don't tell them)....and my mom knows I don't sit around at controllers all day long because she's been around when I was playing WoW before.

Jessi

OMG Member
song-chart-memes-girl-gamers.jpg

What is your opinion on this chart? ;)

I think it's pretty close. I think there's a sliver missing in there of girls who are girls, admit to being girls, and love gaming on their own and not because of a partner/crush of some sort. It's definitely in the minority, though.

Oh, oh....and a sliver for the girls who admit they're girls BECAUSE guys will hit on them....and they get all the attention. God those chicks drive me crazy.

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Oh, oh....and a sliver for the girls who admit they're girls BECAUSE guys will hit on them....and they get all the attention. God those chicks drive me crazy.
Internet makes attention whoring easier. ;)

attention_whore3.jpg
:p

Best way to deal with attention whores is to ignore them, effectively not giving them what they want - attention. ;)

Okay, time to bash the male players a bit:

Xbox-Live-Player-Alignment-Chart.jpg

Ain't that the truth... :p

Tricorder

Resident Maid
I'm lawful good. Obey teh rules or gtfo, no matter what gender you are. No discrimination. So say we all.

9450601.jpg

Jessi

OMG Member
Best way to deal with attention whores is to ignore them, effectively not giving them what they want - attention. ;)

Unfortunately, that doesn't keep them from killing my fun. Just because I can ignore an attention whore, doesn't mean my raiders will do the same. If they're distracted by some hot chick who is whining about gear and whatnot, it never fails that at least one person is going to feed into it...usually more. I'm lucky to have a group of people who don't do that now and I won't allow it, but I've seen it when I've been on other teams in the past. Ugh.

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Here's a solution: Don't accept males into your team. Have a 'females only' team. That should do the trick. ;)

I suppose you could also challenge the attention seeking chicks to a duel (if the game allows something like that) and kick them into the oblivion. Although, that would probably result in all your male team members gathering around, watching and shouting: "Cat fight! Cat fight!" :D

Uh! Uh! I just remembered this:

Jessi

OMG Member
Here's a solution: Don't accept males into your team. Have a 'females only' team. That should do the trick. ;)

Oh god no. I couldn't handle that many females. Do you have any idea how hard it would be find girls who don't fall into those various categories? I would end up killing myself before being able to tolerate an entire female team. *shudders*

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Tell you what. If I ever decide to play an online game, and it happens that you are playing the same game, have a team / clan / guild / whatever of your own, and need a good reliable team member, I'll join you. I'm good at doing what I'm told to do, I'm not easily distracted by attention seekers and I don't cause problems as long as I'm treated fairly. Of course, if I feel treated unfairly, I'll turn into a bitch. Sounds good? ;)

Jessi

OMG Member
Absolutely! If you happen to play WoW or Guild Wars 2 currently or in the future, there's always a spot available there, so hit me up. ;)

And I expect you to be a bitch by default. I'll treat everyone unfairly so that everyone ends up feeling that they're equally discriminated against, hehe.

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Hmm... Not my kind of games. I was thinking more along the line of Star Trek Online or Star Wars: The Old Republic. You don't happen to play any of those, do you?

Hmm? ;)

Jessi

OMG Member
Nope, sorry, I don't. I've dabbled with each but then the interest faded quickly, so meh. Maybe another game at another time then!

crossunitedfate

OMG Member
I have to say, that chart you have at the end there sums it up pretty well.

I just feel for them when I guy actually finds out they really are female. Because what usually happens is they get vulgar or they try to "get to know" the girl in hopes of sparking a friendship or more. And most could care less if the girl is single or not.

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Some people say that, when a person is in a relationship, he / she has no business playing games, but should entirely focus on his / her boyfriend / girlfriend and spend all the free time with him / her, time he / she would otherwise spend on gaming. I say what a bulls*it. Sure, some people spend waaay too much time playing games (although someone could argue that the amount of "waaay too much" is a matter of an opinion, but never mind that now), drop out of school, quit their jobs and completely neglect their social life in the so called "real world" so they can spend all day and / or night gaming.

However, contrary to the popular belief, it is quite possible to be a gamer and be in a healthy relationship, especially if your boyfriend / girlfriend is also a gamer and as such understands your passion for gaming. It's all about dosage, about gaming in moderation so that neither aspect of the person's life suffers for it, regardless of the person's gender.

Of course, some people expect their boyfriend / girlfriend to fully commit himself / herself to them and take it as offense if he / she decides to spend any amount of time sitting at the computer screen instead of indulging their attention seeking needs.

Jessi

OMG Member
Some people say that, when a person is in a relationship, he / she has no business playing games, but should entirely focus on his / her boyfriend / girlfriend and spend all the free time with him / her, time he / she would otherwise spend on gaming. I say what a bulls*it.

So do I. That's ridiculous. It also would lead to a lot of resentment on the part of those who have to give up all their hobbies and gaming time in order to spend with their partner. Yes, I can understand backing off so that their partners don't feel neglected, but there's no reason to go that far.

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Exactly. That's one of the things a lot of people expect from their boyfriends / girlfriends - to completely give up on their interests, their hobbies, and entirely dedicate themselves to them. Sooner or later, the feeling of resentment will set it and with time will grow into anger toward the person who basically blackmailed you into abandoning your interests, in this case a boyfriend or a girlfriend. And what happens next? Fights and arguments ensue, especially if the person who was forced to give up on his / her interests feels like his / her boyfriend / girlfriend hasn't made any sacrifices for him / her, whether it be true or not.

Gaming has always been (and probably will always be) branded as something that is meant for little kids only. Adults who indulge in gaming are considered childish, immature, unwilling to grow up and act like adults are supposed to act, which usually comes down to 'get out of bed in the morning, go to work, spend your day at work, pay bills, come home, do all the chores, go to bed, sleep and repeat everything the next day' routine. If someone tries to squeeze some gaming in the midst of all that, he / she can expect someone to give him / her the stink eye and / or verbal lashing for committing such horrible crime against the world of adults. At the same time, no one has a problem with adults vegetating in front of a TV, but the mere mention of the word "game" automatically sets off all alarms.

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Just stumbled across these videos and remembered this thread...

:giggle: