Philips Hue lights

iso

OMG Member
Ok, question: is it possible to hook up a light switch to just a single light - not an entire room? I'd like a master switch for my bedroom as well as two individual switches for each of the bedside lights. I can't figure out how to do this though...

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
In the app. or a switch on the wall?
I have no experience with the wall switches.

In the app I have set a nightlight for example, despite that they are in different rooms, like the kitchen, living room and the hallway .. I decide which lights to include, and how to turn them on or off, and what state.

Surely the wall switch would allow for this as well?

iso

OMG Member
It's a wall switch. The app (where I set up which switch controls what) it only seems to let me set it to an entire room... I don't want to divide my bedroom into "two rooms" just to satisfy an arbitrary app requirement, ya know?

Edit: I open the app, tap "Settings", tap "Accessory setup," tap "Hue dimmer switch," scroll to the "where" setting, and the only two options I've got are "Home" and "Bedroom" - and they're checkboxes. I can't actually select the individual lights within those rooms.

Anyone who has lived with someone else in the same bed can imagine more than one morning routine. I'd love to stick a switch next to my SO's lamp and one next to my lamp so we can properly manage each of them individually. All I can figure out how to do is turn on/off all the lights in the bloody room...

Last edited:

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Okay, I didn't know that. Mmm.. I have no switches, so I can't go test for you. Sorry.