Podcasts / netcasts

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I've found the greatest podcast consumption device: iPad2.

It's fast, accurate, plays back everything I find, it is so easy to take with me no matter where I am in the apartment or outside of it, and the screen is big enough to be fine for video. And with the right program it is so easy and cool to use: Downcast.

It's what is missing in iTunes, and done in a logical interface. Sync over Wifi (yay), and streaming if you don't have enough space left, and plays straight away. It supports private (requires key) netcasts / podcasts, as well as opml lists and simply searching for content.

I am surprised how much of a frustration it has been the last five to ten years that I have been trying to enjoy listening to podcasts and watching netcasts. And even more surprised to see an iOS app that basically does exactly what I want - it's how I would have designed it.

I started with a few regulars that I watched through the browser (like live.twit.tv), or listened to (like NOAGENDA), and now I have 10+ items listed, and it auto updates, keeps the ones I haven't played yet, even if it can't download it. And I haven't missed an episode, and I watch whenever I feel like it.

Perfect.

So, let's get to the point, which podcasts do you listen to, which netcasts do you watch?

My current list (certainly in no particular order):
  • X3
  • Diggnation
  • Foundation
  • FOURCast
  • FrameRate
  • iPad Today
  • Mac Break Weekly
  • No Agenda
  • Security Now
  • The Trending Show
  • This Week in Law
  • Triangulation
And I am considering adding some revision3 items again, like The Totally Rad Show or something.
I am hoping you guys can post a few things you're listening/watching - and I might discover a few new gems.

Stormraven

Trusted Member
I don't use my iPad as much as I should. I only ever use it when I go over to my mums. I've still got the list of podcasts on my computer that you gave me in that Skype chat a while back. I keep meaning to watch a few but never seem to get around to it. The only podcast I've watch is MacMost.

I see you've added a few to the list too :)