Popular Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Yes, it's an addon by XenFans.

But currently not for download. I've yet to decide if we are going to either:

- Completely offer it as it is, for free.
- Build it into an add-on, not for free, but very low pay.
- Build it into an add-on, free, but only to premium account holders on our site.
- Give some basic instructions as an example, to get people started, but keep the uniqueness of it to our site.
- Not release it at all.
- Talk to Kier, discuss improvements, see what our options are and let him update his original likes-review addon that we've customized.

I know everybody will now post: give it for freeeee

Again, I have yet decided.

- Build it into an add-on, free, but only to premium account holders on our site.
- Give some basic instructions as an example, to get people started, but keep the uniqueness of it to our site.
- Not release it at all.
- Talk to Kier, discuss improvements, see what our options are and let him update his original likes-review addon that we've customized.

If you need help with it, give me a holler. :) And... I was gonna say something, but I probably shouldn't, so if you wanna know Floris, send me a PC. haha.

Allan_imported

OMG Member
If it is a relatively simple addon, it would be although it is free, by cons, though many hours were required for its creation, it would be fair it is sold.

In all cases, it is very well done, simple, visual and interesting :)

Chimpie

OMG Member
Floris,

I can see you giving it away to those who are premium members of XenFans, AND selling it to those who aren't for a dollar or two.

imported_Brian

OMG Member
Every members can choose to help support XenFans while enjoying outstanding additional benefits. This truly is unique from any other Premium Membership you will find as it allows members to help this Forum and support the growth of XenFans.

imported_Brian

OMG Member
Yes, it will still (considered) as a free release. And I kindly hope you understand that Premium Membership accounts have been created as a "thank you" gift for people who donated funds to help finance the site and keep it running. :)

However, premium membership gives you the opportunity to become further involved in our Community, whilst also enjoying a large range of additional benefits and services.

Travis_imported

OMG Member
Yes, it will still (considered) as a free release. And I kindly hope you understand that Premium Membership accounts have been created as a "thank you" gift for people who donated funds to help finance the site and keep it running. :)

However, premium membership gives you the opportunity to become further involved in our Community, whilst also enjoying a large range of additional benefits and services.

I do understand that,and I woulsd purchase a Premium membership,if I had a credit card/PayPal account and didn't have to harrass the parents for it(Not old enough). I am lucky they lent me the card to buy XenForo!

Floris

Staff member
nothing has been decided, brian is not saying we are going to release to premium :p

imported_Brian

OMG Member
No worries. I won't ban you for not signing up the Premium membership. :p

For the time being, feel free to browse around and I hope you like what you see here and most importantly... Enjoy your stay. :)

Floris

Staff member

This has happened now, premium members can download the popular/ addon.

Floris

Staff member
We do the best we can, but we don't know what might change with xenforo, and if I or the team are good enough coders to fix anything that breaks. So far, I see no reason why it wouldn't work on beta 1, beta 2, beta 3 or upcoming beta 4. :) It's of course our focus to keep it up to date and fix reported issues from members to the best of our abilities.

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member

- Not release it at all.

I'm not really a fan of free software :)
I'm more a believer of "what you pay is what you get". So I rather give $2 than nothing :)

I'm not really a fan of free software :)
I'm more a believer of "what you pay is what you get". So I rather give $2 than nothing :)
As I don't feel like dealing with licenses and such, I always release free software. I'm weary of some free software, but my motto is always provide quality software with quality support when possible. But I'm starting to realize that donations are always a nice surprise. haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.