Possibility of Closed Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

avi

OMG Member
Is it possible to have complete closed community with Xenforo ?

when users visit my site - it should just show login / register panel & nothing else. Is it possible ?

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Yep.

Usergroup Permissions > Can view : No.

Then they have to register to see content.

avi

OMG Member
Thank you :) I am total n00b & have to ask everything :-/

one more question : Can xF be used just out of box or need any tweaking like vB ? sorry for going offtopic

Floris

Staff member
Should work out of the box. But of course it depends on your requirements. What do you need?

avi

OMG Member
Nothing much as of now, still learning. I needed closed forum & private forums which is possible now :)

Thanks a lot for replying \m/

avi

OMG Member
one more query,
Currently I am using the free domain given by hosting provider. When I purchase a new domain, just changing domain in Admin panel would do ? or do I have to import database also ?

I think I am going offtopic, better change the title & thanks in advance :)

Floris

Staff member
Yes, you a) change it in admin.php > options > board information
and b) at xenforo.com > under your license details so it points to the one running instance.

easy

candyman

OMG Member
Hello everybody.

I think I'm in topic... Is it possible to show the name of the thread to all (spiders included to gain some visibility) and make posts content private? I'd like to have the name of the thread visible to the visitors that have to register and become users to read the contents.

Thanks in advance.

Floris

Staff member
Bots/spiders are 'unregistered', and therefor the same as 'guests' you can't (by default) tell xenforo to show content to spiders, but not guests.

And in 1.0 it's not possible to show only thread titles but not content, unless you customize xenforo (perhaps even a template edit makes this possible though).

Cezz

OMG Member
Bots/spiders are 'unregistered', and therefor the same as 'guests' you can't (by default) tell xenforo to show content to spiders, but not guests.

And in 1.0 it's not possible to show only thread titles but not content, unless you customize xenforo (perhaps even a template edit makes this possible though).

I think this would be fully possible with a template edit to the post template... though that would then require replacing the content with some sort of warning and I am not sure I would want the same warning phrase repeated all over the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.