"Reasons to Avoid Aspartame" by Dr. Ben Kim

Dude111

Premium Member
www.drbenkim.com/articles-artificialsweeteners.html

.....Aspartame, the technical name for popular brand names NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, and Equal-Measure, has been documented by the United States FDA to be a cause of the following symptoms:

* Inability to concentrate
* Short-term memory loss
* Headaches
* Dizziness
* Trouble sleeping
* Depression and irritability
* Seizures
* Nausea
* Numbness
* Muscle spasms
* Fatigue
* Difficulty breathing
* Heart irregularities
* Joint Pain

Why is Aspartame Harmful to Your Health?

To put it simply, aspartame is toxic to your nervous system. Enough exposure to aspartame can lead to nerve cell death..... [more]
DEFINETLY A G00D READ!!

Miles312

Trusted Member
I have one reason that's good enough for me: I'm allergic. I get the most TERRIBLE headache from aspartame, and generally most artificial sweeteners give me some affliction in varying degrees.
The only one that hasn't thus far is Splenda, cause it's a real-sugar derivative, and it still leaves a horrid after-taste in my mouth.
Sugar or Honey for me, please! :)

Dude111

Premium Member
Im sorry to hear this Miles :(

I cant believe how many things have this ASPERTAME crap in them!!

Gum that i used to love NOW HAS ASPERTAME (Totally un-needed!!)

Lipton iced tea THAT I USED TO LOVE (Regular) now has MALTODEXTRIN (Another artifical sweetener) and it tastes like crap!! (And they have the nerve to put "SAME GREAT TASTE" ON THE CONTAINER!!!)

All these years that iced tea HAD NO SWEETENER (Sugar and natural lemon flavour is all it had) and all of a sudden they add this crap to it??

Totally sickening......... Its like they want ppl to become sick from this garbage so they have to come in and spend $$$ to recover from something THEY DIDNT HAVE TO!!!!!!!

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Well that's enough to put me off!

Dude111

Premium Member
Indeed!!!

I check the ingredients all the time,if i see ASPERTAME,MALTODEXTRIN or anything i dont like,I DONT EAT IT!! (Which is getting hard to do seeing they put this crap in MORE THINGS than needed!!)

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
All these side effects while trying to fix one thing.

No thanks :)

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
This is why if I do have a Coke I'll always have the regular instead of the diet or zero one. Coke is a treat for me anyway.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
If only plain water would taste and as just as satisfying as a nice cold can of coca cola vanilla in the Summer.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Found out that the throat sweets I have contain aspartame, luckily it's only the one flavour the other is fine