Recommend me some TV!

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
Okay, so I'm out of TV to watch..

Any recommendations?! :)

Hawkeye

OMG Member
TV programming sucks the cheese out of a dead man's skull!

I blame reality tv for the total breakdown of society. Death to the Kardashian's! :sneaky:

I have a pretty good dvd collection, we watched "Snatch" a few nights ago because nothing was on cable. That film always cracks me up.

Mikey, have you ever seen "The Life & Times Of Judge Roy Bean", starring Paul Newman? It's another fine example of cool comedy and wanton violence.

I hit the classics when tv programming is a wasteland, which is often and I like offbeat comedy.

Fetter

More fun than a barrel of STDs
Comedy::

Arrested Development

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Anime::

Samurai Champloo

Hellsing Ultimate

Black Lagoon

Claymore

Other::

The Wire

Burn Notice

The Shield

The X-Files

Monk

This is England (both series, plus film)

Oz

There's more but this is all I can remember right now.

MainerMikeBrown

OMG Member
Hawkeye, I'm not a big reality TV fan either. It's incredible how many people think what happens during those shows are real.

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
@Hawkeye & Mike, The main problem with Reality TV is that it's not reality at all. it's so scripted it's crazy.. and thus: predictable and utterly... boring.

Comedy::

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
I'm now watching this, it's awesome :D

MainerMikeBrown

OMG Member
Even if a reality show I'm watching is clearly put on, it can still be fun to watch... once in a while, anyway.

Hawkeye

OMG Member
Nothing wrong with watching reality tv, it's just not for me. I do feel that the explosion of reality tv is having a negative effect on the programs we get. Just doesn't seem to be much original thought in the way of new programs.

I don't watch much tv but, when I do, I like something funny, weird, or informative.

For me, Dexter is weird, Big Bang Theory is funny, History channel and Discovery are informative.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia? I don't know of it but, if Fetter says it's worth a look then, I'll have to check it out as well.

If I had about 2 more programs that I liked, I probably wouldn't go out and torment hillbillies as much as I do.

nineteen

keys to a counter are timing. and the heart-Miyata
"Freaks and Geeks" i think it's being re-run on "IFC" or the "sundance" channel. not sure when it first started airing but this after noons episode was pretty good. the prank phone call got me to lol. "you're a poop head and a butt padder who touches young boys on the butt" xD something along those lines. basically a non-jock at school got tired of getting picked last so he decided to call the teacher and make prank phone calls. they weren't all that funny except for the part i described. the teacher decided to see all his students one by one listening for the voice of the caller. each of them were told to read the text on the paper in it's entirety word for word. xD one kids reaction was the same as mine. all he did after reading the text was laugh. when his cut scenes were all he did was laugh, the more he laughed the more i laughed. i don't know his name but the goblins son from spider man is in this show.

"Operation Osmin" on the nuvo tv channel. he's an ex military guy who trains every day people for 30 days. the diet consisting of "Fich, salad, and wada" and nothing else. if he finds you cheating on your diet he takes away every non "fich, salad and wada" from your home. it's good entertainment.

also on nuvo is "Latino 101". comedic way to view latin culture in the US. though it's not really on every week.

the travel channels "Dangerous Grounds", "man vs food" and there was another show about food but i forgot what it was called.

Last edited by a moderator:

crossunitedfate

OMG Member
Hmm....ok, if you're into dramas, there are two pretty good fantasy/real life hybrid shows currently on. The first is called Grimm. And the other is called Once Upon a Time. They both put their own spins on fairy tales in the modern world. But they're both pretty good.

Jessi

OMG Member
So are you still looking for new shows to watch? This is an older thread, so I don't want to suggest things if you're set for now.

Also, what are some of your favorite shows so we can get an idea of what you already like?

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a huge laugh, worth it!

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I still have that one on my todo list to check out.

Reactions: Nix