Removing avatar for registered members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watts

OMG Member
I'm looking to remove the avatars so only my premium members have avatars next to there names, i know you can disable use of avatars etc thats all done, so at the minute all the registered members are getting the blank default avatar, i want this gone.... been looking around and playing but can't seem to find out.

Any help on this would be grand!

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
What is the group ID of your "Premium Members" group?

And do you only want to not-show the avatars in threads or also in the membercard/profile?
I think that a member card without avatar will look quite ugly :p

I will make something for you if you give me the above information ;)

Watts

OMG Member
What is the group ID of your "Premium Members" group?

And do you only want to not-show the avatars in threads or also in the membercard/profile?
I think that a member card without avatar will look quite ugly :p

I will make something for you if you give me the above information ;)

I think the premium group ID is '5'.

What i want though, just to clarify, i want registered members still be able to see avatars that premium members, admin, mods have all got, just to not have that default male or female avatar on there own as there permission to have an avatar is turned to no.

Hope that makes sense....

Watts

OMG Member
just been shown this by a friend, may be of some use but...

Control Panel -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> General -> Avatar -> In the section miscellaneous (misc) writes:

display: none !important;

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
just been shown this by a friend, may be of some use but...

Control Panel -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> General -> Avatar -> In the section miscellaneous (misc) writes:

I have no idea what that would be useful for :P
I'll get right on it :)

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
I think the premium group ID is '5'.

What i want though, just to clarify, i want registered members still be able to see avatars that premium members, admin, mods have all got, just to not have that default male or female avatar on there own as there permission to have an avatar is turned to no.

Hope that makes sense....

Try changing the following code in message_user_info:
Code:
    <xen:hook name="message_user_info_avatar" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}">
        <div class="avatarHolder">
            <span class="helper"></span>
            <xen:avatar user="$user" size="m" />
            <!-- slot: message_user_info_avatar -->
        </div>
    </xen:hook>

to

Code:
    <xen:hook name="message_user_info_avatar" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}">
        <div class="avatarHolder">
            <span class="helper"></span>
            <xen:if is="{$isQuickReply}">
                <xen:avatar user="$user" size="m" />
            <xen:else />
                <xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $user, 5}"><xen:avatar user="$user" size="m" /></xen:if>
            </xen:if>
            <!-- slot: message_user_info_avatar -->
        </div>
    </xen:hook>

What is will do is the following:
  • It will still show the male/female picture next to the reply box (else it doesn't look good)
  • It will, if user is a member of group 5 (premium members), show their avatars
  • It will, if user isn't a member of the group, not show their avatars

Watts

OMG Member
Try changing the following code in message_user_info:

Okay tried what you said, worked as i wanted to an extent. :) only issue is the following;

- I also have user groups moderators, organisers, and administrative which i forgot about. Doing the above also removes theres, Is there a way to make it say, "if (registered member) do not show avatar? as then it would help if i added more user groups. Unless of course i simply just make the secondry usergroup of my admin, mods and organisers to premium members..? Guessing it would then effect them the same way a primary group would..

For your information; admin id - 3, moderators id - 4, organisers id - 6 and traders id - 7. If the above isn't an option, if it was easy enough to edit the code to include new group numbers i could just do that :)

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
Change

<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $user, 5}">
to
<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $user, 5} OR {xen:helper ismemberof, $user, 6} OR {xen:helper ismemberof, $user, 7} OR {$user.is_admin} OR {$user.is_moderator}">

Watts

OMG Member
Change

<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $user, 5}">
to
<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $user, 5} OR {xen:helper ismemberof, $user, 6} OR {xen:helper ismemberof, $user, 7} OR {$user.is_admin} OR {$user.is_moderator}">

thanks i shall give it a shot

Watts

OMG Member
Okay heres a screenshot, that all works great :) however again little thing..

It leaves for the registered members a white block, which makes it look nasty i feel :( see picture

Introduce yourself.. - Page 7 - Modded Rides.jpeg

Watts

OMG Member
I have no site with the style installed and can't do it now because I'm busy with exams.
If you could create me an admin account that would be great, I'll see to solve it then.

eeeeeeee don't really want to be giving admin account out like!

Ermm could do it when you got time, teamviewer? like remote assistance, do it through my computer whilst i watch :) shouldn't take too long im sure of it :)

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
You don't have to give an admin account if you don't want, of course. But I do want to mention that Vincent is a team member on this site. That said, Teamviewer might be a great alternative. Also: backup your database and files prior to making any changes. That way if sharing an account or teamviewer goes wrong, you can revert to the backup.

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
eeeeeeee don't really want to be giving admin account out like!

Ermm could do it when you got time, teamviewer? like remote assistance, do it through my computer whilst i watch :) shouldn't take too long im sure of it :)

Oh indeed, it wasn't an order, it should've been a question (my bad, sorry).
And yes, do make a backup (of the template or the whole site) first :)
And Teamviewer is fine for me, I just need time ^^

Watts

OMG Member
You don't have to give an admin account if you don't want, of course. But I do want to mention that Vincent is a team member on this site. That said, Teamviewer might be a great alternative. Also: backup your database and files prior to making any changes. That way if sharing an account or teamviewer goes wrong, you can revert to the backup.

Okay that fills me with a bit more confidence, however i'll stick the teamviewer as been using it for years and never ever really had any problems as such doing things this way :)

Oh indeed, it wasn't an order, it should've been a question (my bad, sorry).
And yes, do make a backup (of the template or the whole site) first :)
And Teamviewer is fine for me, I just need time ^^

Okay just drop me a message when your free and il let you have a play :)

Watts

OMG Member
Just had a look there are only 9 templates on the social template..

Status
Not open for further replies.