Renaming of Add-ons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShot

OMG Member

I have two sites:
One site I installed v1.0.2 and work fine.
2nd site I installed v1.0.4 also work fine.
But the catch is:
In Admin [Home] page - where you have list of Installed Add-on at lower right corner;
In v1.0.2 - this list is clickable and you can re-name any of the add-on to whatever you like. For example I change [Affiliate] to [Our Sponsors].
Now in v1.0.4 the same list is no more clickable and I cannot rename as I did in v1.0.2.

My questions - Is there I did something wrong? How could that list be clickable? Any solution please???

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Cool, two licenses already. I've got a few myself. Aiming to buy a third one, if I may ask?

TopShot

OMG Member
Thanks for the compliments - but bro my question is still un-answered!

Floris

Staff member
I don't know, can't reproduce this at the moment, kinda busy.

Guess: is one of the sites running in Debug mode?

TopShot

OMG Member
No problem - take your time dear - I can wait - there is no rush.

Floris

Staff member
Not running in debug mode on 1.0.4 I can't rename the installed plugin titles from the admin.php's home or list of installed plugins list.

Floris

Staff member
Debug mode is for developers, it allows them to better develop add-ons for XenForo.
A site shouldn't run in Debug mode, I suspect your 1.0.2 instance might. Does it have page load and query count in the footer on the index.php ?

TopShot

OMG Member
Thanks a bundle - It worked.
I add debug command line and I able to rename the plugin - and now I can remove that command line back to normal.

BTW - No it doesn't show any page load and query count in the footer on the index.php.

Floris

Staff member
Strange. I wonder what is different in 1.0.2 then. Which addons do you have installed on 1.0.2?

TopShot

OMG Member
There are many - I have added many for test and use - Affiliate, Post-It, Member Map, User Album, Nav Management, Top Poster, Staff On-Line, Who visited today etc etc etc

TopShot

OMG Member
I just noticed it is showing page load and query count in the footer on the index.php in v1.0.4 - interesting.

TopShot

OMG Member
Debug mode is dangerous - one should use with lots of care - and I removed the command line quickly.

Floris

Staff member
Very much so. Users shouldn't edit plugin properties, but that's what you're trying to do .. Renaming the title in the admin.php's home ..

Steven Moore

OMG Member
Renaming of a plugin title is fine as that will not effect the way that plugin works.

TopShot

OMG Member
Oh yes, the performance of the plugin will not hurt - As I change the title only - such as [ Affiliate ] I don't like it so I changed it to [ Our Sponsors ] etc.

CurveGotti

OMG Member
Debug mode is dangerous - one should use with lots of care - and I removed the command line quickly.

Not only is it dangerous in certain cases but running debug mode on a live board will actually hurt load times because it starts loading additional monitoring systems that are not necessary for normal performance.

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
Why is the debug mode dangerous?:p
cos you have delete icons in the acp and edit icons in the acp where they wouldn't have been before ;) it's a lot easier to delete the master style and FUBAR everything in debug mode, or to mess with the development stuff that most people have no clue what to do with in debug mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.