[Request] Converting from vBulletin 4 to XenForo 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrea Marucci

Premium Member
Very interesting service. I'm planning to migrate from VB4 to XF. My only question is. What eventually can I loose from my forum migrating to XF? I've tried the quote system and I've a quote of $50 but my question is what is not imported in the new XF board? Users (with different user groups), thread, private messages, smilies, attachments, custom user fields, etc. etc are all migrated?

For example, since my forum is a pay forum, i've many users that have payed a yearly fee. The start and finish dates of their subscriptions are migrated to XenForo?

Sorry for asking but I'm very interested in doing this but I would like to know what happen after the migration...

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I've answered this in your other post :)
Users, their private msgs, profile msgs, threads and posts are imported, and additional usergroups. Smilies and attachments are possible as well I believe. I doubt custom profile fields are imported.

Floris

Staff member
I have looked into it, but can't find evidence at this point that 'upgrades' are converted over. I don't believe they can be mapped.

Andrea Marucci

Premium Member
For 'upgrades' you means the pay users. Suppose I cannot convert them; do you think I can put them in a specific usergroup and then modify manually the start and end dates of their subscription?

Andrea Marucci

Premium Member
I'll check it asap. Another quesiton arise. I don't know how are your steps in converting VB4 to XF but do you think it will be possible to leave the old VB4 forum working in a spcified directory so that, for example, if I need to copy all the blog entries in the blog mod available for XF, I can do it after the migration has been made and the new XF forum is working simply doing a copy/paste operation?

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
I'll check it asap. Another quesiton arise. I don't know how are your steps in converting VB4 to XF but do you think it will be possible to leave the old VB4 forum working in a spcified directory so that, for example, if I need to copy all the blog entries in the blog mod available for XF, I can do it after the migration has been made and the new XF forum is working simply doing a copy/paste operation?

What usually happens is that the vB4 installation is kept, and if you want to delete it, you delete it, so once the convert is done, your XenForo could be for example in the /community directory, and your vBulletin hidden away in /vB4 directory for example, so that if you do need to find some info from the old vB4 installation, I'm sure it's possible :)

Andrea Marucci

Premium Member
At the end I'll delete the VB4 directory but I would like to have it at hand for the first period so that I can copy some data out or check permission, set subscription expiration date and so on.

I think that I'll buy a XF license before they introduce the VAT charges at 4th of april and when I've the license we can go on the migration...

Floris stay ready
biggrin.png

Andrea Marucci

Premium Member
Ok Floris, I've bought the XenForo license so now I'm ready to go. How can we talk privately to exchange all the details for the migration? Do you prefer to use PM or email?

Andrea Marucci

Premium Member
Floris, while I'm waiting I would like to know that I've upgraded my account to premium. I think you deserve it for the good work you're doing here and for the support you can give me, now and in the next period, for my new XenForo adventure...

Floris

Staff member
Hi there :) Yeah, it's best to private msg me so we can discuss this with in a personal conversation.
Looking forward doing a test convert for you to preview you what XenForo can mean for your site.

Floris

Staff member
[Moderator Note : Split from 'install service' discussion into its own discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.