[Request] Need vB4 to vB3 conversion

silendreamer

OMG Member
Hi

My forum statistics

Threads
Members

How much will it cost me to convert from vB4 to vB3?

Also more than 50% of posts are indexed in google, will the thread IDs be changed during conversion (Impex does that)?

And I hope the albums and attachments will not be lost. Right?

Thanks.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Hello silendreamer,

Thank you for your interest in the XenFans Convert Service and yes we support downgrading from vBulletin 4.x to vBulletin 3.x via an in-house downgrade script that Brandon wrote/uses. He will also be the team member helping you out (assuming he has the time, I will poke him as soon as I see him online).

We have a non-refundable $8 base price. The first 250,000 posts are $27, and $10 for every 250,000 posts thereafter. If for some reason we can't do the import we will refund your money, minus the base price.

Total Posts: 629,737 / Board URL: n/a.​
Base price: $ 8.​
Convert Service: $ 27.​
and 2x$10 for every 250k: $ 20.​
+Total: USD $ 55.

If you're still interested in this service please let us know. Please note that we desire 50% or 100% payment upfront over PayPal (I'd wait first until we hear from Brandon). This offer is valid until 30 days after 10/Feb/11.

All the best,

Brandon_imported

Trusted Member
To answer your questions...

forum, thread, user id's are not changed and all google pages should link correctly. I have also had customers running vbSEO downgrade and have links preserved (as long as they installed vbSEO on vb4.x and vb3.x).

Attachments are preserved, albums, lots of things.

Here is a little table I made a while back comparing what is converted back to vBulletin 3.
comparisono.jpg

silendreamer

OMG Member
Thanks Brandon and Floris.

Yes I would like to go ahead with this. Please give Paypal ID, so that I can send the money.

Also, how much time will it take after I upload the database?

I do not wish to close my forums during the conversion. I understand that I might lose some posts that are made during the conversion, but I want to keep that to a minimum.

silendreamer

OMG Member
Oh, and also do I need to uninstall all the products before making the database dump?

I have post_thanks hack installed and vBSEO as well

bluh5d

OMG Member
I just started a private conversation with you brandon. I need downgraded from vb4 to vb3 also.

Regards,