Rings of Power

Miles312

Trusted Member
Anyone else seen Rings of Power?

I enjoyed it, but tend to have a less critical opinion of remakes/prequels. I also enjoy Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and The Hobbit saga.
I think they made a fantastic choice in casting Galadriel, and most of the cast did very well (imo), but that one definitely stands out.
The thing I like least about it, is the company that funded it (Amazon of course). Though they will do what they want regardless of my opinon

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I went in blind, trying to avoid reading spoilers and seeing trailers. But I heard it was at least worth a watch. And it is!

I've watched the first episode and was really glad the second one was already out. Today the third one will be available I think.

The episodes look fantastic, not fake at all, and do enough justice to capture the feel of the original LOTR, so I am quite content.

And I am really excited to see how characters build out and how we the storylines intertwine. If they keep this production quality up, I will keep watching, it was quite enjoyable.

Miles312

Trusted Member
I did the same, I'd seen some screenshot images from previews and trailers, but didn't watch any of the actual trailers or read spoilers on it.
Also agree, releasing the first two episodes at once is always a great way to reel in the audience, and for fans from episode 1 just adds extra awesome.

I'm glad I'm not alone about feeling it carries well against the original LOTR. I have seen some folks online complain it is 'Too Tolkien'-- as if that wasn't the point?!

Some of the other characters that perhaps were meant to be more awe-inspiring (e.g. Gil-Galad) or were awe-inspiring in the original LOTR trilogy (Elrond) were ... lackluster to me. It did not spoil anything in the movie, and I think perhaps it is intentional. That's part of the excitement is we have to wait to see what is in store next! but my Friday evenings are clear until this season is fully released.... :):):{)

And yes! Ep 3 drops tonight so I have ~12hrs before I'm at a spot to stop for the night and sit to watch it all the way through. No spoilers if you get there first!

Floris

Staff member
Screen-Shot 2022-09-09 at 14.39.50.png
NICE
Episode 3 showed up, time to watch it.

Floris

Staff member
Back, the episode is a build-up episode, and doing is amazing. I can't wait for the season to further the storyline, this is gonna be awesome.

Miles312

Trusted Member
Watched the latest one also. Definitely a build-up episode but they reveal some cool revelations in the story there and make way for a lot more in hopefully the next episode. I'm very excited, and if I weren't so afraid of spoilers I'd likely wait until all of the season was out before I watched it so I wouldn't have to wait!

Floris

Staff member
I don't know if I can wait until it's finished, I don't mind a bit of anticipation and excitement each week. But yeah, normally if I can binch it, I choose that.