Secondary school experiences (aged 11-18)

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Soo, Abbs is starting secondary school in September and I was wondering.... how was your experience of school/s between 11 - 18??

Mine sucked till I was about 15 then it improved... but that's when I gained confidence and started to party lots lol.. so I made friends (not good ones but still). I left secondary at 16 and went onto college, which I left at 17 to go onto nursing.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Hated it from start to finish, college wasn't much better so left that several times!

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Abbs is doing her Induction day today! We met up with her 2 friends and mums this morning and waved them off on the bus... I cried lol.

Hoping she has a good day and enjoys it and is happy with her form group ( hoping she is with Holly and Polly!)...

And more importantly she gets home ok... So so so so so nervous today, didn't get a wink of sleep last night!

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
We're all so proud of her :) Glad everything went fine, can't imagine it going differently ;)

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Did she go from her school to the new one or straight from home? Learning the route and knowing that she'll have friends there is a good start. However please tell me they are not twins called Holly and Polly!

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
We're all so proud of her :) Glad everything went fine, can't imagine it going differently ;)

Thanks I've passed it on.

Did she go from her school to the new one or straight from home? Learning the route and knowing that she'll have friends there is a good start. However please tell me they are not twins called Holly and Polly!

She went from home by bus and back by bus!
She isnt too happy with her form group but i'm hoping that changes.
LOL No Holly and Polly are just friends.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Well she is in year 9 now!!! And loving it. She has made a great group of friends which I'm happy with and has settled down pretty well. :)

sarfrazali2027

OMG Member
Everybody is within the same boat she is in, thus simply be friendly and take a look at to create the most effective out of true. She'll build friends and she's a wise lady and simply rejoice with it. different children can sense her confidence and she'll don't have any issues jumping in and swimming away.

Reactions: Nix

Agile

OMG Member
Well she is in year 9 now!!! And loving it. She has made a great group of friends which I'm happy with and has settled down pretty well. :)
Glad she had a good experience. It is the most challenging stage of life. i remember myself back in secondary, I was naive in the first year, but as time went, I got a little curious. And did, well, a lot of things! Some good some bad. But generally, it was a good learning experience and an opportunity to learn how to build relationships.....lasting relationships.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Everybody is within the same boat she is in, thus simply be friendly and take a look at to create the most effective out of true. She'll build friends and she's a wise lady and simply rejoice with it. different children can sense her confidence and she'll don't have any issues jumping in and swimming away.
A great point, the experience might feel unique, but we've all gone through it - one way or another. Anxious feelings, embarrassment, failure, success, etc. It's all part of going to do new things, new ppl, etc.