Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

So cruel, I probably won't get another pet.

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Floris, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    This is cruel, and I am sorry for being this mean. But I probably will not have another pet after my cat is no longer with me. While I love having the company and all, I can't stay away for nights anymore. I can't just get up and leave. The independence, that freedom is gone. In my mind, my world, I really value being on my own and not owing anyone an explanation about why I am leaving, or that I even am.

I wish I could just drop my cat off somewhere and leave. Even if I would stay home alone. But people ask, they know, and have social expectations of a chat and what not. And I really dislike that.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.
    ps, i love my kitty <3

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  2. KilljoyDivine

KilljoyDivine OMG Member

Threads:
    Totally understanding this. Sometimes I feel chained by one of our animals. We can get a pet sitter for the dog for any length of time, but then there's the cat who is on such a ridiculous feeding schedule. We could get a sitter for the cat, but she's special needs. I'd love to be able to travel, but we can't travel together because of this. We've talked about when the animals are gone, we need a break from pets. :\

Sorry you've got this going on.

3. OP
    Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    I feel this might apply to everybody though. Just like you say: it takes away a bit of freedom.

Instead of just getting up from my chair, jump on a bus to the airport and order a $100 ticket to somewhere else and not come home for a week .. it's just no possible. Unless I am back within 24 hours and she doesn't starve.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice