Soda is so bad, but so good

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Every month I hear someone say how terrible soda is, or rather the sugar, and how diet soda isn't even better.

And it makes me go "i will never have a soda agai.." *sip* awaaa yeah, vanilla coca cola, so good. Sigh, they got me.

It's hard to break this habit, and I have spend a few years simply replacing some drinks with others, and buying a can instead of a bottle etc. I am doing good, but.. not actually that good. When you're depressed or things don't go well, stress is high or whatever, ... sitting down with a nice cold bubbly drink is so good. And the 'healthy' alternatives to soda really do not have that effect. You drink one or two of those and I feel like "ok, I am ready for that cherry pepsi max" or something like that.

My advice, don't be like me: stop drinking soda, now.
And my advice to myself, floris, .. stop drinking soda, like.. seriously.

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
I kinda know I should stop drinking it - but its either that or coffee and I get bored of coffee...

Floris

Staff member
I kinda know I should stop drinking it - but its either that or coffee and I get bored of coffee...
i cannot get bored of coffee, but then again. I try to make something out of mine once in a while.

Floris

Staff member
I think I am going to the grocery stores that I can walk to and find out which drinks are better than a soda, and are a bit better for your health and stomach. Maybe avoid dairy a bit as well.

And make a plan for this Spring/Summer to just walk to the store to get my drinks, and don't get a soda. This way I do four things. I walk more, I drink better, I can take some nice pictures of stuff around me, and .. I .. darn, I had four things, now I forgot.

Floris

Staff member
Small update, I have been drinking 60% less soda, and a lot more Mango mixes and other little goodies. Costs 4099023 x more, but it's a fun thing to try. *sips cola* Oh yeah, i didn't quite drinking soda, still love it.

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
I think I may move to juice - but they are just so expensiveeeee

Floris

Staff member
I think I may move to juice - but they are just so expensiveeeee
At least in the Summer it is nice to walk to the grocery store, get some fresh fruits, and make a smoothie at home, some infused water for later in the day, and some fresh oranges for a quick cold drink. Then every other day you walk more and get nice drinks when it's so hot. Then soda isn't even on the mind.

But right now, in this rainy weather, ugh.. so easy to just sit down, work hard on something and get that satisfying hit that soda gives

Aussie

OMG Member
I rarely have soda or fizzy drinks of any type, it will only be if I am out for a meal or special occasion. Im one of those people that goes hyperactive on it, gets a headache, and then spews/poos all within 40 minutes if I have more than a litre.

I'll choose chocolate milk over any type of soda every time - but this is almost as full as "bad sugar". I also do not have it often.

Coffee is an absolute NO for me haha. I get sick from the smell, I do like the smell but it needs to be at a distance or I get a headache.

I find water very easy to drink and drink a lot daily. If I change my intake too much I get sick, I drink water when ever I am thirsty. If I get sick of it I drink milk. I have cordial in the pantry but its mostly for guests (the water in my old place was yellow, but safe, people were weird about it - on main water now dont worry haha).

Floris

Staff member
Sorry to hear about the coffee @Aussie ~ that's something I couldn't live without. Daddy needs his mug. Well, that's a bit of a lie. I sometimes don't have coffee for weeks, or realise I haven't really had a craving for over a month or so. But when I go to my parents, they shove it in my face. And then when I get home I want an even better cup and get something even nicer.

This week I've been having a lot less soda than usual. But replacing it with dairy has given me an increase in acid reflux and stummy aches. It's not ideal. I did find a smoothie that's not making me feel bad. But that probably has the same amount of sugar as the soda. So I don't know if it's a worthy replacement.

And I can hear you think : Just have water. Nuh, I am totally not a water person. Unless it's the summer, and I infused it and there are ice cubes involved, or I am jogging or on a hike. There's no reason for me to enjoy water whatsoever.

Aussie

OMG Member
I just brought a 6 pack of pepsi max haha. It was cheap and so appealing when tired.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I try not to drink it, but if I'm out or if I'm having a takeaway I do just fancy one to go with it. I'm drinking a lot of tea lately though.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee

giphy.gif

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I use cola for my mixers and also...

to clean the loo!!!

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I'm thinking I might try and do a caffeine free month soon, just to give my body a detox

Floris

Staff member
Instead of soda today, I ordered some import soda to try a few flavours. i already regret (i dont..)

But today, i didn't have any soda, I am having water, tea, and a yoghurt drink

Floris

Staff member
The box arrived! And I just had my first ever Guayaki's Yerba Mate and it isn't what I was expecting, but I really do like it. 7/10
The Pepsi Cola Vanilla Cherry can was actually a great combo, a bit more cherry flavor than vanilla, and it wasn't bad at all. But I noticed it went flat fasst, weird.
The hershey Kisses were fucking disgusting, what a huge disappointment. How does that sell as chocolate? When Americans get to the NL, ask me for Chocolate, .. and you will be in heaven. Because that.. wasn't chocolate.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Which Hersheys did you have? Not that I've tried them but I am intrigued. I looked on their site and they seem to have a few.

Floris

Staff member
You are intrugues by disgusting hersey. Nope.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Yeah, it's a taste that really isn't that nice, Reese's however are good! I suppose that's as it's not plain chocolate though

Aussie

OMG Member
I use cola for my mixers and also...

to clean the loo!!!

my mum used to do this, I remember how freaked out i was once as a small child, not knowing she'd put soda in there!

Floris

Staff member
Bought a six pack of tiny healthy juice packs for kids today. It's nice to hydrate using those instead of a soda. But I am sitting there going. "I am a damn adult, I should be allowed to down all six at once"