[Soon] XenTweet - Auto Tweet Threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cezz

OMG Member
Hi All, I am working on this mod ATM and hope to release a first version soon. However while I am still working on this I would like to pass my planned feature list by you all and see what you think. If you can think of something else it needs let me know.

-------------------------
Planned Features
-------------------------
  • Auto Tweet New Threads from specified Forums.
  • Auto Delete Tweet if Thread is deleted.
  • ACP containing sent tweet history and record of failed tweets.
  • ACP to delete any tweet.
  • Ability to resend/reattempt failed tweets in ACP.
  • Option to auto retry failed tweets once an hour.
  • Ability to send custom Tweets via the ACP.
  • Tweets use template system for layout so are fully customizable.
  • Various Link Shortening options.
There is going to be more and not all of these features are going to be available in the first version, but I would love your options on this feature list. Anything you would add/remove etc please let me know.

P.S. I am intending on releasing this as a free mod, and anyone that wants to offer some help please let me know.

P.S.2. I may create the shortening settings as their own mods, and just checking for them in this one. If anyone is creating their own short URL mod maybe we can work to make this compatible.

----------------------------------------

Some pre-lim screens attached.

Attachments

• XenTweet-ACP.png
    XenTweet-ACP.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 42

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
Epic win, I see great potential with this, I'll take a look at the code once it's finished to see if we can add native http://kwn.me support :)

Yay! You can start this (and release it with Beta 2!)! Personally, I want to develop a solid "library" for shortening classes like "ShortURL::bitly($longURL);" and it does all the work to gather the URL. And maybe have a ShortURL::install(); and ShortURL::checkDependencies(); and ShortURL::uninstall(); where they all work in conjunction to add required settings, phrases, and such into the system. I would be willing and actually LOVE to help out with such a project. And checkDependencies would be a separate table where products add their IDs and we see if their installed. install() will add it, uninstall() will call checkDependencies() and ONLY remove it if there are none present. Thoughts?

Cezz, I liked the URL shortner "library" function, so... I started cause I was bored. Hit me up and I'll send you a copy. I currently have no IDEA what I'm needs to go into the installs, but I think we should insert phrases etc. manually, as well as remove them. Don't tie htem to a product... only have modifications install them as required.

Cezz

OMG Member
Yay! You can start this (and release it with Beta 2!)! Personally, I want to develop a solid "library" for shortening classes like "ShortURL::bitly($longURL);" and it does all the work to gather the URL. And maybe have a ShortURL::install(); and ShortURL::checkDependencies(); and ShortURL::uninstall(); where they all work in conjunction to add required settings, phrases, and such into the system. I would be willing and actually LOVE to help out with such a project. And checkDependencies would be a separate table where products add their IDs and we see if their installed. install() will add it, uninstall() will call checkDependencies() and ONLY remove it if there are none present. Thoughts?

This is what I was hoping that someone (if not myself) will create such a library function that can then be used in other modifications instead of each modification using their own short classes/functions.

Send me a message next time you see me on IRC and we'll discuss the options. I have the install uninstall written, as well as checking for dependencies. Well, mostly, because I haven't determined the options needed / required, as well as phrases, so, those install / uninstall functions are left blank. But I see great potential. I would suggest we get SVN somewhere. And open it up to any who is willing to help.

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
Hehe, great news, already talked with Cezz about the way kwn.me does it and how it'll maybe happen in future too, looking forward to this more and more now :)

Miko

OMG Member
Sound good, will definetly test once you release it :)
Just integrated my website contact form to DM me on Twitter too and would be good to add this to the forum :)

Onimua

OMG Member
I actually really like this idea. Whenever I get around to getting my site going, I'm definitely going to add this. :D

graham_w

OMG Member
Would love to see this work with YOURLS http://yourls.org/ so you can create your own custom urls for use with this modification :) It provides an API key to use once installed.

Cezz

OMG Member
Would love to see this work with YOURLS http://yourls.org/ so you can create your own custom urls for use with this modification :) It provides an API key to use once installed.

Do you have a yourls install that I can use for testing? If so I can get this created and included as default, would just need you to send me the domain and username:password/signature combo.

graham_w

OMG Member
Yep - can do. I have it setup on a live domain now but i'll put it on it's own account so you can test with it. Will PM you the details once it's ready.

Steven Moore

OMG Member
So you took the XenTweet name. LOL I was wondering who grabbed it up. Great job, I like this better than what I was going to do.

Arm Brahaj

OMG Member
highly interested in this feature, but I see no progress since last month. Is this still under process? should we wait or look for another solution?

George G Halstead

OMG Member
This does seem to be a great add on. Maybe waiting till a stable release is set to continue or the IB suit has everyone slowed down.

Cezz

OMG Member
highly interested in this feature, but I see no progress since last month. Is this still under process? should we wait or look for another solution?
This does seem to be a great add on. Maybe waiting till a stable release is set to continue or the IB suit has everyone slowed down.

Still under development but this as all my coding tasks is a side project, my main work is taking up more of my time ATM, however when I do have a day or two I should be able to get a first release finished and released.

Arm Brahaj

OMG Member
Still under development but this as all my coding tasks is a side project, my main work is taking up more of my time ATM, however when I do have a day or two I should be able to get a first release finished and released.
Thanks Cezz, It is a great addon which will help a lot of forum owners!

Status
Not open for further replies.