Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Star Trek Discovery (2017)

Discussion in 'On the Screen' started by opair, Oct 9, 2017.

1. opair

opair OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Has anyone watched the new Star Trek show yet?

And if so, did you watch the Star Trek series prior?

I haven't had time to check it out yet but I saw it floating around on Netflix some time ago. I don't know if I should give this a shot though as I used to be a huge fan of the old show and don't want to be disappointed.

Thoughts anyone?

2. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Yep, me! *raises hand*

I have been watching Star Wars, Star Trek, Buck Rogers, Alien Nation, V, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate, and even Red Dwarf, .. I probably forgot a couple.

During my youth sci fi has spiked my interest in tech and science, physics, and the universe we are a part of.

When the new movies came out, regardless what others say about them: I watched the new star wars, the new star treks, and when the new tv series came out I was afraid it would be less than the movies, and as corny as they were when I was 6 or 12..

The new STD did not disappoint. I really am enjoying the episodes. Episode 4 is on netflix this morning and I can't wait to watch it later

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWnYtyNKPsA

3. OP
    opair

opair OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I watched the first and second episode yesterday and it was really fun!! I was surprised at how good it was even though I didn't expect it to be bad or anything. Big fan of the characters already too

4. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    There was another episode. I am going to watch it later tonight when I arrive in Amsterdam.